Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help 2013 G37x battery issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 07:33 PM
Luke N. Yonash
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G37x battery issues

A while back I had a 5yr old battery that I replaced. I have a broken ankle right now, so the car is only being started occasionally. About a week after replacing the battery, I attempted to start it.... The doors would not unlock with the fob and had to use the mechanical key to open, even with the fob in it's "slot" none of the instrument panel lit up accept a steering wheel light and a couple other lights like that but the car would not start..even with a jump. I found a 140 amp battery fuse that was blown, so I have ordered a new one. But here is my question... If I replace the fuse will it happen again? If so, what causes that fuse to blow? I am hoping that when I replaced the battery I somehow shorted the fuse and that is why it blew. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Luke N. Yonash
A while back I had a 5yr old battery that I replaced. I have a broken ankle right now, so the car is only being started occasionally. About a week after replacing the battery, I attempted to start it.... The doors would not unlock with the fob and had to use the mechanical key to open, even with the fob in it's "slot" none of the instrument panel lit up accept a steering wheel light and a couple other lights like that but the car would not start..even with a jump. I found a 140 amp battery fuse that was blown, so I have ordered a new one. But here is my question... If I replace the fuse will it happen again? If so, what causes that fuse to blow? I am hoping that when I replaced the battery I somehow shorted the fuse and that is why it blew. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.
the only time I've ever seen that is when someone hooked up the jumper cables backwards
Old 05-22-2018, 01:21 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
You might have discharged remaining charge in system.when you took out old battery by accident
Old 05-30-2018, 04:00 AM
Luke N. Yonash
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfnazi
You might have discharged remaining charge in system.when you took out old battery by accident
Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by "discharged remaining charge in system?"
Old 05-30-2018, 08:12 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
I found a 140 amp battery fuse that was blown, so I have ordered a new one. But here is my question... If I replace the fuse will it happen again?

It will blow again if you reverse the battery connections or cause a short circuit. That 140 amp fuse blowing will prevent a fire from destroying your vehicle.

If so, what causes that fuse to blow? I am hoping that when I replaced the battery I somehow shorted the fuse and that is why it blew. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

Make sure you connect the replacement battery correctly.
Verify the polarity of the battery terminals with your multimeter.

Telcoman