Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

passenger door handle antenna overheating

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 12:33 PM
keithnellie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
passenger door handle antenna overheating

2012 g37x coupe

Window wouldn't move so I started troubleshooting. The connector at the switch had corroded and one of the prongs on the switch was broken off in the connector. Found a replacement wiring harness on Ebay and it was supposed to be a perfect fit for my car. The only connector that didn't match up was for the tweeter. Removed the old connector from my old harness and after removing the connector that didn't match put my old one into the new harness. Everything else plugged up fine but after a couple minutes I could hear something but couldn't locate the source until the smoke came out the door handle. The keyless antenna overheated and melted. Had another door handle so I plugged it up and in a short period of time felt the antenna getting hot. Unplugged it before any damage was done.

The new harness had different colored wires at that plug but they were the same size. I can't find a pin out for the door connector to verify if the new harness and old harness are pinned out the same.
Any ideas? Where can I find a wiring diagram for that particular harness?
Thanks
Old 10-02-2022, 06:08 PM
Chiefy331
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same issue

Swapping a door onto my 08 G37 coupe and had the antenna melt. Power Windows and lock not working.