Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

cautionary tale

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 11:43 AM
keithnellie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cautionary tale

My passenger window stopped working. After some troubleshooting I found the connector to the window switch had corroded and detached the pins from the board. Bought a new switch and wiring harness. Installed both and the window still didn't work but I did burn up the key antenna in the door handle. Seems this new harness, although supposedly a perfect fit for my 2012 G37X coupe, was seeing battery voltage at the antenna connector. The old harness did not. Came here and tried to find the correct pin out for the harness' connectors but no luck. Figured I would try another harness, this time from a year closer to mine. Still not right. Going off the old harness and I will move the pins from the newest one to match. I just want everyone to know that even though the parts store says it's a perfect match it's not a bad idea to verify and make sure.
The following users liked this post:
Rollo (06-07-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 10:43 PM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
When researching the G37 coupe, I actually ran into this exact same story as what you just shared. You are not the first one to have this happen, I had to double-check your post date to be sure I hadn't just stumbled onto that old thread I saw a few weeks ago.