Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iPhone connectivity issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 03:22 PM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
might be a broken record here but after some deductive reasoning its def the iphone...iphone has a tough time connecting to my beats by dre as well when i answer phone calls on it. I have to manually click the headphones in the bluetooth setting when im on a call
Old 12-22-2017, 03:24 PM
Cwickenstein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
IOS 11.2.1 is now the latest version

Telcoman
Right. Anything for the firmware for the head unit in the car itself? I know that Bose makes the speakers, but another company produces the actual radio/bluetooth/Nav system. Any idea who that might be?
Old 12-22-2017, 03:28 PM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
Apparently Apple has been throttling the CPU on phones as their battery ages "to preserve power on time". I wonder if this CPU throttling is to blame for the constant cutting in and out I was experiencing...

Might be worth it to have the battery replaced if you have an older (pre 7) iPhone.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:57 PM
codeflux
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
I have iPhone 6S and the battery has been replaced by Apple 2 months ago. That’s got nothing to do with Bluetooth issues.

I’ve been using USB audio input in my car and basically abandoned Bluetooth audio streaming.

Problems persist in iOS 11.2.5 beta BTW.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:37 PM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
I've been having Bluetooth issues on my iPhone 6 since updating the software a while back. Recently, I upgraded to the iPhone-X and the issues have not occurred. I've been using the iPhone-X for about 2 weeks and so far the Bluetooth has worked flawlessly. Fingers crossed.
The following users liked this post:
Cwickenstein (01-02-2018)
Old 12-24-2017, 02:56 AM
codeflux
Registered Member

IIRC iPhones 6 and X have different Bluetooth chips or versions. Quite possible that upgrading the phone fixed it. But that is quite an expensive proposition, why not upgrade the car while you're at it.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:20 PM
JessicaIndy

New iPhone will NOT resolve issue

Originally Posted by G37xS-Life
I've been having Bluetooth issues on my iPhone 6 since updating the software a while back. Recently, I upgraded to the iPhone-X and the issues have not occurred. I've been using the iPhone-X for about 2 weeks and so far the Bluetooth has worked flawlessly. Fingers crossed.
Well I can say that since I got my iPhone X upgrading from iPhone 6+ I am having same4 issue. Both were on IOS 11.x.x so this tells me an iPhone upgrade will not resolve this.

Just a heads up to all
Old 01-01-2018, 05:54 PM
codeflux
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JessicaIndy
Well I can say that since I got my iPhone X upgrading from iPhone 6+ I am having same4 issue. Both were on IOS 11.x.x so this tells me an iPhone upgrade will not resolve this.

Just a heads up to all
Yep, changing one iPhone to another doesn't seem to work (or rather rarely does).

My wife and I had about an hour drive couple of days ago, so we connected her iPhone SE on iOS 10.2 via Bluetooth and played Spotify. Connection and playback went smoothly, no disconnects - however, occasionally, the playback would start hiccuping (plays about half a second, stops a second, rinse repeat). The only way to fix that was to disable and re-enable Bluetooth on her phone. And even with that, track information wasn't showing up on the car screen.

USB media input on my '11 works flawlessly though, so I'm going to be using that for the foreseeable future.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Cwickenstein

Originally Posted by codeflux
...And even with that, track information wasn't showing up on the car screen.

USB media input on my '11 works flawlessly though, so I'm going to be using that for the foreseeable future.
You use the USB port with your iphone? Mine does not seem to connect correctly and begins to connect and disconnect (charge/not charge) rapidly.

The track info rarely shows after the first song played...
Old 01-02-2018, 04:09 PM
codeflux
Registered Member

Yes, using USB port with my phone.
'11 G37 sedan with navi, iPhone 6S with 11.2.5 beta 2.
Phone connects right away and stays connected, and car displays full media information and playback time any time track changes. Doesn't display media image though, haven't been able to get that working playing podcasts or Spotify (I don't have any music on my phone, everything is streamed).

/edit Finally saw the media image, playing Amazon Music through USB, went though iPod menu, Now Playing, and there it was. Not on the Status screen though - that screen doesn't have as much vertical room to display the image.

Cwickenstein, try a different USB cable. I was using a cheap USB extension cable, and it introduced clicks and pops and dropouts. Direct connecting the lightning cable fixed that, then I spent more than a dollar on a good quality USB extension cable (AmazonBasic brand), and that works well.

Last edited by codeflux; 01-05-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Cwickenstein (01-22-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 11:44 AM
sev1980
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Looks like there is a fix in the form of an update from infiniti. There is an update dvd they pop in that updates the unit and takes care of the issue.

It would be awesome if someone were able to get a hold of this dvd, only the dealers have it. The dealer shouldnt charge money for popping in a dvd for an update and nothing else.

http://www.infinitig37.com/TSB/ITB12-054a.pdf

It would be awesome if someone could get a image of this dvd and we can just burn it and pop it in. I used to work at a Infiniti dealer many moons ago. Too bad I dont have access anymore. Maybe someone else does!
Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 AM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
haha that "note" at the bottom of the infiniti report is false...hence why this thread is still current.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:58 AM
sev1980
Registered Member

Someone just needs to call clarion on that number listed in the bulletin and social engineer them into sending that dvd. All our problems would be solved
Old 01-10-2018, 12:58 PM
codeflux
Registered Member

I don't see how any of these are relevant...
  • Specific addresses cannot be entered.
  • System reboots when:
  • On long trips with a destination set
  • Within a few minutes of starting the vehicle
  • A destination is set or duri ng the process of setting
  • The logo appears after the system shuts off
  • Predictive lines are not present on M models only.
  • System locks up with many functions operating at one time (USB, Bluetooth, MP3, vehicle in reverse/camera operating, etc.).
  • POIs are missing (Application disc of new “map update” was not installed).
  • Popping noise from the vehicle’s speakers when ignition is turned on after entering the vehicle, if the customer was on a Bluetooth Handsfree call that connected to the vehicle mid call.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:57 PM
sev1980
Registered Member

Sorry, I should have posted the newer TSB that has the exact same procedure as the previous one I posted. The new one specifically mentions connectivity issues with newer iphones.

Here it is

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...91569-2280.pdf

Procedure to fix is the same, requires the NTB12-070 dvd.
Cwickenstein (01-22-2018)