Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Compact Flash Port Needs Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 02:22 PM
hitokiri42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compact Flash Port Needs Repair

About 2 years ago I just got my 09 g37xS sedan and was excited to learn about the CF port and in about 2 days I broke it by trying to put a CF card in too fast and pushed a couple pins back on the actual card receiver.

I've searched and found 2 references where people said Nav Maps are updated by dealership for my year model using that very port!

That card slot is actually on a smaller separate circuit board but i cannot find a replacement for it (i actually did find a replacement for the board but it didn't come with any goodies on it... the board has a clarion part number...)

Anyone have any ideas of a supplier for this board or know a repairmanman?

so far, the only option I've found is buy a new media box radio thing ~1 billion dollars from dealership or buy one off ebay out of a crashed car.. which ironically might have newer maps on the HDD

apologies for being a newb but i've been stalking info off this website for 2 years and can't find the answer... any help/ideas are appreciated