Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Music via USB or Bluetooth

Old 11-07-2013, 07:20 PM
raju687

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Music via USB or Bluetooth

Hi All

I am new to the forum and really liked the way members respond and share thoughts.

I own a 2012 G37 Sedan without a Navigation Package. I have an iPhone and have no problem listening to music using the USB cable. But can't do that with Google Nexus or S3. When I plugin any of these phone to USB, my car does not recognize them. Did any one you see this issue?

Also... I know this question was posted by many people earlier. But, is there a way to stream music via Bluetooth (again... I do not have Navigation package). Any devices that support this without messing with the cables or anything that voids the warranty?

Thank you
- Raju
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 PM
37GBonB

I just got my car last week. When I switch from all the different listening modes, when I get to Bluetooth, the system activates my iPhone and starts playing from my playlist. It's really cool. When I switch to XM radio, the playlist shuts down. And when I go back to Bluetooth, it reactivates and starts playing again. Pretty cool.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 AM
raju687

Originally Posted by 37GBonB
I just got my car last week. When I switch from all the different listening modes, when I get to Bluetooth, the system activates my iPhone and starts playing from my playlist. It's really cool. When I switch to XM radio, the playlist shuts down. And when I go back to Bluetooth, it reactivates and starts playing again. Pretty cool.
Looks like you have a car with Navigation that comes with Bluetooth streaming. Mine does not have Bluetooth music streaming.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:36 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by raju687
Hi All

I am new to the forum and really liked the way members respond and share thoughts.

I own a 2012 G37 Sedan without a Navigation Package. I have an iPhone and have no problem listening to music using the USB cable. But can't do that with Google Nexus or S3. When I plugin any of these phone to USB, my car does not recognize them. Did any one you see this issue?

Also... I know this question was posted by many people earlier. But, is there a way to stream music via Bluetooth (again... I do not have Navigation package). Any devices that support this without messing with the cables or anything that voids the warranty?

Thank you
- Raju
I'm not too familiar with Android phones. We use BlackBerry 10 and iPhones at home/work.
Obviously the iPhone is compatible with the G37 but to make my BlackBerry Z10 work, via USb, all I had to do was go into the Z10 settings and enable 'USB Mass Storage'. I can play music and videos from the Z10.
Does Android have something similar? If so, that should work.

I have Nav and can also use BT streaming but I prefer a wired connection because it keeps my device charged.