Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

New studio on wheels in the Q50..still bose

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 07:57 PM
scottp2765

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
New studio on wheels in the Q50..still bose

When will Infiniti learn that no amount of Advanced Bose Audio Algorithms will make the cheap *** gear they install in our cars sound like a stereo from a real quality audiophile company? Gear ..not magic equalizers ......Can't stand Bose and their marketing bullcrap. It's just that crap not engineering ..crap. I hope someone from infiniti reads this forum. Dr. Bose is dead.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:38 AM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Overall, Bose puts out a better than average product, especially for the home. In the car, you have to take into consideration the environment and the characteristics of the car in general that make it a much less than ideal listening environment. Its still a lot better than stock and most other cars. To get the perfect sound, you will have to mat the entire car and effectively make it a chamber, however, that will change quite a bit as you are driving, so that's where the "algorithms" come in to compensate for that. IMHO, on a car of this caliber, it should be the stock system, not an expensive "upgrade".

Turn the drives side sound stage off an make your adjustments from there.

David
Old 09-08-2013, 01:16 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
The issue is that the typical luxury car buyer "thinks" that Bose is a premium system. Bose has a phenomenal reputation and that is what sells.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:30 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KEG97
The issue is that the typical luxury car buyer "thinks" that Bose is a premium system. Bose has a phenomenal reputation and that is what sells.
I'm not a fan of bose in the car but its better than what is offered.

what would be considered better than bose for a car stereo system?
B&O, mark levinson? those are way pricier options than our bose system
Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
I'm not a fan of bose in the car but its better than what is offered.

what would be considered better than bose for a car stereo system?
B&O, mark levinson? those are way pricier options than our bose system
I've never seen a bad review of a ML system in a Lexus. The B&O systems in Audi's get great reviews as well. Meriden puts in a good car system too.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:16 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree those system sounds nicer but they also cost much more. The Lexus option with ML is about 10k
Old 09-10-2013, 07:13 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Not sure where you're seeing ML costs 10K. I just pulled a build on the IS350 and it was included in a $7500 package along with 12-15 other options including the F Sport package, Nav, etc.

I'm not arguing for/against Bose. My point was the typical customer believes it's a high end system. I would even say that the perception of Bose would be higher than B&O for the average consumer.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:32 AM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Bose is the Beats audio of car audio

Lots of Marketing and flashy colors with so-so sound.

I agree they should just do away with Bose.
I just went around all of the Bose set up when I installed my mids
Old 09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
DONTTASEMEBRO

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
10k for a ML system? were you high when you saw this? The germans are notorious for option prices and their harman and kardon costs "only" costs 8k
Old 09-10-2013, 12:17 PM
JaySin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Perhaps all of you should drive a WRX (or any Subaru) for a few years, then a G37 like I did. You will never complain about the Bose stereo. I have the 2013 G37x coupe with the NAV and I LOVE the the whole setup/sound/layout, etc. No complaints...think it's awesome quite frankly. Too much whining. I've also spent time in BMW, MB, Lexus, Range Rover, Porsche cars...still think the Infiniti Bose is just as good if not better than many I've heard.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by JaySin
Perhaps all of you should drive a WRX (or any Subaru) for a few years, then a G37 like I did. You will never complain about the Bose stereo. I have the 2013 G37x coupe with the NAV and I LOVE the the whole setup/sound/layout, etc. No complaints...think it's awesome quite frankly. Too much whining. I've also spent time in BMW, MB, Lexus, Range Rover, Porsche cars...still think the Infiniti Bose is just as good if not better than many I've heard.
I have yet to have any "upgraded audio" package wow me.
I have heard good things about the B&O set up in the Audis but I haven't heard it in person.

Most just have a sub of two and produce a lot of boomy bass.

Drop in some decent mids with an amp for around $500 and it will sound much better than any premium set up.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM
JaySin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
I have yet to have any "upgraded audio" package wow me.
I have heard good things about the B&O set up in the Audis but I haven't heard it in person.

Most just have a sub of two and produce a lot of boomy bass.

Drop in some decent mids with an amp for around $500 and it will sound much better than any premium set up.
My uncle has an A5 with the B&O upgrade in it. It definitely sounds great, but I can't say with certainty that's it's a whole lot better than the Bose in my G. Perhaps marginally better. I like my heavy metal and hard rock and I don't have any complaints about the mids/highs in this stereo system. It gets plenty loud enough without any major or even moderate distortion. I don't try to blow my eardrums out, but it's definitely loud and clear to me.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:16 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
turn your radios off, lower the windows, and listen to your car as you put the pedal to the metal!!!
The following users liked this post:
YellowJacket (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 06:38 PM
perdido34

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KEG97
I've never seen a bad review of a ML system in a Lexus. The B&O systems in Audi's get great reviews as well. Meriden puts in a good car system too.
I much prefer the Bose audio in my 2013 G37x to the B&O audio in my 2010 Audi A4--stronger bass, clearer midrange. I wouldn't call either system audiophile quality, though... The only advantage of the B&O over the Bose was that the former optionally did something that made 2-channel audio sound more "surround-y."

My only gripe with the Infiniti's audio system is that the speed-sensitive volume feature doesn't seem to work well, no matter what the setting.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 PM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
My Bose system sounds pretty darn good. Heck, I was listening to Mumford and Sons today and the bass waves coming out of the subs in the door was tickling the hair on my leg.

When properly tuned and playing good clean music, the sound is quite good.

David

Quick Reply: New studio on wheels in the Q50..still bose