Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

New studio on wheels in the Q50..still bose

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:17 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
My Bose system sounds pretty darn good. Heck, I was listening to Mumford and Sons today and the bass waves coming out of the subs in the door was tickling the hair on my leg.

When properly tuned and playing good clean music, the sound is quite good. David
I agree YellowJacket. For about the 90 percentile, the Studio on Wheels setup is a nice factory system. There will always be a segment of critics/perfectionist that hate on factory systems, just visit any of the boards for other cars and you will see.

Listen to a factory Honda, Subaru or BWM sound systems...no comparison. The Subaru system in the WRX for instance is an embarrassment. You cannot even hear it when driving.

Infiniti is decent and near the top 25 percentile of factory setups.

Of course you can dump thousands on something better, but for 90% of the folks that listen to sports talk, Public Radio and jump around every two minutes listening to various types of music, the Infiniti Bose system is pretty nice.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:22 PM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
so a great test track that I love to listen to is Dire Straits Money For Nothing. The drum and guitar solo at the beginning of the song is epic. Great dynamic range. incredible bass and midrange.

I think I might just take a pic of my settings and post them so y'all can get an idea of where I am starting from and work from there.

Not perfect.... and a small car with lots of road noise s far from the perfect environment... but you can squeeze an awful lot of performance out of it if you take the time to tune it and use good quality recordings.

David
Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by scottp2765
When will Infiniti learn that no amount of Advanced Bose Audio Algorithms will make the cheap *** gear they install in our cars sound like a stereo from a real quality audiophile company? Gear ..not magic equalizers ......Can't stand Bose and their marketing bullcrap. It's just that crap not engineering ..crap. I hope someone from infiniti reads this forum. Dr. Bose is dead.
You have to ask yourself why the only positive reviews for Bose equipment come in places like Forbes, the WSJ and other non-audiophile sources. Bose is by no means even average in my opinion but it does have a very successful marketing and advertising department and have a lot of people convinced that the Bose sound is the best sound. I just consider the Studio on Wheels as a place holder for proper drivers and amplification that I will add later
Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
My Bose system sounds pretty darn good. Heck, I was listening to Mumford and Sons today and the bass waves coming out of the subs in the door was tickling the hair on my leg.

When properly tuned and playing good clean music, the sound is quite good.

David
Sorry man, just not feeling it. I lived with the Bose setup for about three months before I shredded all of it out of the car. It lacks clarity, punch, power and presence; not to mention you can't get any serious volume out of the system without distorting the paper cone drivers.