Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Dashboard lights turning on at their own will...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Emon Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dashboard lights turning on at their own will...

So for the past week or so, while Im driving, the VDC light, the yellow exclamation light, the parking brake, etc.. will randomly turn on while im driving. If I shut the car off for 2 seconds and turn it back on it will go away. Has anyone had problems like this before? The only electronic setback I can think of is that my battery is still the original from 2008 and almost out of juice (sometimes it take me pushing the button and pressing a little gas so that it doesnt idle shut on me)

Any advice for me before I take it to the stealership?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:02 PM
WILLDOGS
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get yourself a cheap scanning tool and see what codes come up

Amazon.com: U380 OBDII Check Engine Auto Scanner Trouble Code Reader: Automotive Amazon.com: U380 OBDII Check Engine Auto Scanner Trouble Code Reader: Automotive

will save you money to have one of these in your tool chest.

If not, Autozone will read your codes for free.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:00 PM
tony_m_777
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Emon,

Same thing happened to me last month. The cause was low rear brake pads which I replaced with new ones and the problem went away. I also confirmed the issue with the dealership and they confirmed that would cause the issue as the VDC light, slip light, and emergency brake light is all part of the same system. Another cause is low brake fluid.

Next out this thread >>>

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...-comes-on.html

Regards,
Tony

Originally Posted by Emon Crew
So for the past week or so, while Im driving, the VDC light, the yellow exclamation light, the parking brake, etc.. will randomly turn on while im driving. If I shut the car off for 2 seconds and turn it back on it will go away. Has anyone had problems like this before? The only electronic setback I can think of is that my battery is still the original from 2008 and almost out of juice (sometimes it take me pushing the button and pressing a little gas so that it doesnt idle shut on me)

Any advice for me before I take it to the stealership?

Last edited by tony_m_777; 12-02-2012 at 11:22 PM.