Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37 streaming audio through bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 10:29 AM
airanp
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have some issues streaming from my Galaxy S8+ to my 11 G37. First off it is not always willing to connect automatically, which I can do manually, but still annoying.

The other issue is sometimes it will connect but it cuts in and out repeatedly while playing the song. Sometimes it stops on its own and sometimes I have to basically restart everything and reconnect. Also annoying.

The third thing is when a new song starts out, Pandora or Xbox music or phone music app, it seems to start out loud as can be but it seems to quiet itself down considerably within a half a second. I am not sure why it does that as I cannot seem to find any settings that would change that. I am sure that BT 5.0 has something to do with that as I didn't have problems like this on my Galaxy S6.

While I think the Bose system sounds pretty good (not great), it seems to just not have the volume I am looking for. I tried the stock sound adjustments and have downloaded an equalizer app that seemed to have no real effect. I don't plan to change any audio components in the car but was wondering if anyone else has any of these issues. I can live with it but would love it to be just a bit louder.

I thought that maybe because my Samsung watch is also connected to my phone through BT that it may cause some of these issues. I have the same issues watch or not.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Junglejack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After spending last weekend driving my little brother's 2013 G which is equipped with nav, I am further convinced as far as sound quality goes, using the USB to either Lightning (iPhone) or mini USB (Droid) is the way to go.

BT audio streaming or A2DP in this instance uses a good deal of compression and is noticeable quieter when playing music when going back and forth, While certainly not as elegant, on the plus side at least you are always charging your phone.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:02 AM
lektrix
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monytx
This is what I used in my 08 and it was great. No audio lag when listening to music or watching youtube videos on my phone. Only negative I have, which has nothing to do with the streaming device was I couldn't use my steering wheel controls, everything was changed through my phone.

https://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-...+streaming+nfc
Looks nice but I don't have AUX in my car, only USB port on the 2012 G37X w/ NO NAV......... Please help
Old 09-30-2018, 07:22 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Look in the Audio, Video, Electronics forum.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:23 AM
JDStud6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grocerylist
I have so much trouble getting bluetooth media working on my G37 for my Android phone. I can only get the phone to work, haven't been able to get media streaming. In the phone bluetooth pairing for my G37 I keep trying to select the Media option but it won't hold. I've removed and re-added it multiple times, cleared the bluetooth cache in the phone, reboot, etc, etc, etc. No luck. But I have no problems connecting my phone to other bluetooth speakers other than my car.
Originally Posted by XERXIES_333
If you have the phone connected for making call's, all you have to do at that point is open up your phone start playing music on the phone, then press the disc/aux button on your dash until you hear nothing through your phone and wait a second as it take a few to transition to playing out of your speakers from the car, the disc/aux button has about 5 audio options as you scroll through.
It took me a while to figure it out, but if your making hands free call's you are three or four button presses away from you music.

good luck
My old phone streamed fine, but I got a new phone last year and ever since then my phone can't play through bluetooth. It connects fine for making calls, but I think the newer phones use a different bluetooth profile or something. That's the only thing I can think of. It tries and tries to connect, but never will. I was wondering if there is a software update for the cars that may allow a connection. It is annoying, but not a huge deal. Mine is a 2010 G37 so it's certainly not the most up-to-date as far as technology goes. Oh well.

JD