MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   G37 streaming audio through bluetooth (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/240819-g37-streaming-audio-through-bluetooth.html)

crazycatlady 10-15-2012 12:19 PM

G37 streaming audio through bluetooth

I have a 2011 G37 sedan with nav, and I can hook up my iphone using bluetooth for calls, but I wanted to know if there's anyway that I can use it to stream music?? Help! thanks

ChiDave 10-15-2012 12:48 PM

I have the same question. It would be good if there was a how-to. I have a 2009, and spent about 15 minutes in the car yesterday trying to figure it out. My friend has a 2011 FX and says he is able to connect his iPhone as an audio device and stream music through bluetooth. I couldn't find anything on my 2009 software, so maybe I don't have that feature.

Mike S. 10-15-2012 01:10 PM

ChiDave - That feature wasn't available in 09, Nav or No Nav. Started in 2010 with the interior update.

CrazyCatLady - You can indeed hook it up for music. I don't have the book in front of me, but look under Bluetooth section on the onscreen menus. Its separate from the phone part. Look under Settings then Audio or Bluetooth. Its there.

One thing to note, tech is chaning so fast. The car will connect to the bluetooth audio, but you have limited commands. Forward, backwards, play/stop. It basically will make your ipod start playing in shuffle mode if you weren't already paused on an album.

Its a nice start, but expect next gen system to give you full ipod menu controls.

chilibowl 10-15-2012 01:10 PM

Settings > Bluetooth > Select your Phone > Select it as your media and phone .

InfiniteSmoke 10-15-2012 01:43 PM

Hmmm.. I looked over the weekend and went under bluetooth streaming and it mentioned for Navi vehicles only. But maybe I missed it somewhere. I shall look again later on tonight. Def need to get this going

crazycatlady 10-15-2012 02:39 PM

Thank you all so much for the help! My technologically challenged self has been trying forever to get this going! haha

InfiniteSmoke 10-15-2012 09:25 PM

Yeah nevermind. I dont have NAV. SOB. Infinti = Hate them lol jk.

ChiDave 10-16-2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mike S. (Post 3537513)
ChiDave - That feature wasn't available in 09, Nav or No Nav. Started in 2010 with the interior update.

Thanks. That was what I figured. I also have the Compact Flash drive rather than USB. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be first, especially with technology.

crazycatlady 11-02-2012 12:27 PM

Alright, so y'all helped me so much before with my iphone, but now my boyfriend wants to stream using his droid.... is it any different? I tried doing the same thing I do with my phone and it didn't work?? HELP! thanks :)

tjervis92 02-15-2017 10:47 AM

this your answer to all our Bluetooth streaming..

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdH tml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad _type=product_link&tracking_id=bestdeals014-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00NC6LY CM&asins=B00NC6LYCM&linkId=09ace6ffab5ac4f4ac8ab7a e031963f0&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_windo w=true&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_co lor=ffffff"> </iframe>

grocerylist 02-15-2017 02:48 PM

I have so much trouble getting bluetooth media working on my G37 for my Android phone. I can only get the phone to work, haven't been able to get media streaming. In the phone bluetooth pairing for my G37 I keep trying to select the Media option but it won't hold. I've removed and re-added it multiple times, cleared the bluetooth cache in the phone, reboot, etc, etc, etc. No luck. But I have no problems connecting my phone to other bluetooth speakers other than my car. :52:

Chops130 03-06-2017 02:57 PM

Yeah there should be two options when you set up your Bluetooth. One will say phone and the other will say audio. You have to connect it twice.

monytx 03-07-2017 10:57 AM

This is what I used in my 08 and it was great. No audio lag when listening to music or watching youtube videos on my phone. Only negative I have, which has nothing to do with the streaming device was I couldn't use my steering wheel controls, everything was changed through my phone.

XERXIES_333 03-07-2017 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by grocerylist (Post 4110714)
I have so much trouble getting bluetooth media working on my G37 for my Android phone. I can only get the phone to work, haven't been able to get media streaming. In the phone bluetooth pairing for my G37 I keep trying to select the Media option but it won't hold. I've removed and re-added it multiple times, cleared the bluetooth cache in the phone, reboot, etc, etc, etc. No luck. But I have no problems connecting my phone to other bluetooth speakers other than my car. :52:

If you have the phone connected for making call's, all you have to do at that point is open up your phone start playing music on the phone, then press the disc/aux button on your dash until you hear nothing through your phone and wait a second as it take a few to transition to playing out of your speakers from the car, the disc/aux button has about 5 audio options as you scroll through.
It took me a while to figure it out, but if your making hands free call's you are three or four button presses away from you music.

good luck

the_wolff 03-14-2017 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by monytx (Post 4115398)
This is what I used in my 08 and it was great. No audio lag when listening to music or watching youtube videos on my phone. Only negative I have, which has nothing to do with the streaming device was I couldn't use my steering wheel controls, everything was changed through my phone.

https://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-...+streaming+nfc

Still need an Aux jack for that, right? My 2012 doesn't have one. I'm not sure who decided in 2012 it was fine to have no aux or bluetooth streaming in a luxury vehicle.