Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37 streaming audio through bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 PM
crazycatlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 streaming audio through bluetooth

I have a 2011 G37 sedan with nav, and I can hook up my iphone using bluetooth for calls, but I wanted to know if there's anyway that I can use it to stream music?? Help! thanks
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM
ChiDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same question. It would be good if there was a how-to. I have a 2009, and spent about 15 minutes in the car yesterday trying to figure it out. My friend has a 2011 FX and says he is able to connect his iPhone as an audio device and stream music through bluetooth. I couldn't find anything on my 2009 software, so maybe I don't have that feature.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ChiDave - That feature wasn't available in 09, Nav or No Nav. Started in 2010 with the interior update.

CrazyCatLady - You can indeed hook it up for music. I don't have the book in front of me, but look under Bluetooth section on the onscreen menus. Its separate from the phone part. Look under Settings then Audio or Bluetooth. Its there.

One thing to note, tech is chaning so fast. The car will connect to the bluetooth audio, but you have limited commands. Forward, backwards, play/stop. It basically will make your ipod start playing in shuffle mode if you weren't already paused on an album.

Its a nice start, but expect next gen system to give you full ipod menu controls.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:10 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Settings > Bluetooth > Select your Phone > Select it as your media and phone .
Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Hmmm.. I looked over the weekend and went under bluetooth streaming and it mentioned for Navi vehicles only. But maybe I missed it somewhere. I shall look again later on tonight. Def need to get this going
Old 10-15-2012, 02:39 PM
crazycatlady

Thank you all so much for the help! My technologically challenged self has been trying forever to get this going! haha
Old 10-15-2012, 09:25 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah nevermind. I dont have NAV. SOB. Infinti = Hate them lol jk.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:55 PM
ChiDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike S.
ChiDave - That feature wasn't available in 09, Nav or No Nav. Started in 2010 with the interior update.
Thanks. That was what I figured. I also have the Compact Flash drive rather than USB. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be first, especially with technology.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:27 PM
crazycatlady

Alright, so y'all helped me so much before with my iphone, but now my boyfriend wants to stream using his droid.... is it any different? I tried doing the same thing I do with my phone and it didn't work?? HELP! thanks
Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 AM
tjervis92

this your answer to all our Bluetooth streaming..

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdH tml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad _type=product_link&tracking_id=bestdeals014-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00NC6LY CM&asins=B00NC6LYCM&linkId=09ace6ffab5ac4f4ac8ab7a e031963f0&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_windo w=true&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_co lor=ffffff"> </iframe>
Old 02-15-2017, 02:48 PM
grocerylist
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have so much trouble getting bluetooth media working on my G37 for my Android phone. I can only get the phone to work, haven't been able to get media streaming. In the phone bluetooth pairing for my G37 I keep trying to select the Media option but it won't hold. I've removed and re-added it multiple times, cleared the bluetooth cache in the phone, reboot, etc, etc, etc. No luck. But I have no problems connecting my phone to other bluetooth speakers other than my car.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Chops130

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah there should be two options when you set up your Bluetooth. One will say phone and the other will say audio. You have to connect it twice.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:57 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
This is what I used in my 08 and it was great. No audio lag when listening to music or watching youtube videos on my phone. Only negative I have, which has nothing to do with the streaming device was I couldn't use my steering wheel controls, everything was changed through my phone.

Amazon Amazon
Old 03-07-2017, 10:26 PM
XERXIES_333

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by grocerylist
I have so much trouble getting bluetooth media working on my G37 for my Android phone. I can only get the phone to work, haven't been able to get media streaming. In the phone bluetooth pairing for my G37 I keep trying to select the Media option but it won't hold. I've removed and re-added it multiple times, cleared the bluetooth cache in the phone, reboot, etc, etc, etc. No luck. But I have no problems connecting my phone to other bluetooth speakers other than my car.
If you have the phone connected for making call's, all you have to do at that point is open up your phone start playing music on the phone, then press the disc/aux button on your dash until you hear nothing through your phone and wait a second as it take a few to transition to playing out of your speakers from the car, the disc/aux button has about 5 audio options as you scroll through.
It took me a while to figure it out, but if your making hands free call's you are three or four button presses away from you music.

good luck
Old 03-14-2017, 09:38 PM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by monytx
This is what I used in my 08 and it was great. No audio lag when listening to music or watching youtube videos on my phone. Only negative I have, which has nothing to do with the streaming device was I couldn't use my steering wheel controls, everything was changed through my phone.

https://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-...+streaming+nfc
Still need an Aux jack for that, right? My 2012 doesn't have one. I'm not sure who decided in 2012 it was fine to have no aux or bluetooth streaming in a luxury vehicle.

Quick Reply: G37 streaming audio through bluetooth