Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2008 G37S Ipod Interface problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 12:16 AM
thisismyusernam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 G37S Ipod Interface problem

So I just bought a used 2008 G37S the other day and love it, went to the dealership today and bought the factory-issued Ipod connector cable so I could hook up my ipod. I am lost I've tried both my 4th gen nano and iphone 3gs and most people have problems with them charging well I cant even get mine to play music. I have the Bose sound system in the car with radio and a cd player as well so correct me if Im wrong but I believe that's supposed to include the Ipod system especially since it has the connector port right? And Ive read the users manual it says to hit disc/aux repeatedly till the ipod menu shows up well I have two seperate buttons for disc and aux and hitting either repeatedly does nothing...
Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 AM
joshk

Originally Posted by thisismyusernam
So I just bought a used 2008 G37S the other day and love it, went to the dealership today and bought the factory-issued Ipod connector cable so I could hook up my ipod. I am lost I've tried both my 4th gen nano and iphone 3gs and most people have problems with them charging well I cant even get mine to play music. I have the Bose sound system in the car with radio and a cd player as well so correct me if Im wrong but I believe that's supposed to include the Ipod system especially since it has the connector port right? And Ive read the users manual it says to hit disc/aux repeatedly till the ipod menu shows up well I have two seperate buttons for disc and aux and hitting either repeatedly does nothing...
Well first the car should have came with the OEM cord itself so im not sure why you had to buy one and even if it wasnt in the car, I would have made them include it with the car. If the cord is new, then i would suggest to tell your dealership about the problem and DEFIANTLY make them fix it. BTW just wondering what millage and how much you pay for it? I got mine like 2 weeks ago and just trying to compare prices
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 AM
DashKid
Banned

So did you scroll through the options and landed on the ipod settings? You might not be in the correct settings. If you are in the correct settings, check you're cables and if it still doesn't work then take you're car to the dealer and get it fixed.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:50 PM
thisismyusernam

well see I bought mine from a used car dealership, not infinity so it didnt come with the cord or a users manual. I wouldnt be able to help you compare prices as mine was sort of a lucky find. My G37s had a salvaged cert so I got it for 20k out the door but luckily for me it was issued the cert because prior to myself it was leased by 1 owner, stolen and while it was gone the owner claimed the car as a total loss, then it was recovered a couple months later. So perfect condition, for cheap because of a title. Im going to run over to the nearest infinity dealership today and see if they can help me figure out the ipod system...