Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

OBD (on-board-diagnostics) port problems. Advice wished...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Question OBD (on-board-diagnostics) port problems. Advice wished...

We've had a problem with my car from day one in trying to get the ECU and BCM to 'read' through this port.

Back in February, the techs at The Shop (Norwalk, CT), after a week of diagnostics attempting to get the computer to read the ECU, finally futzing with the connector found a poor connection with the plug-in port, and the tech reworked the plug to fix it. Or so we had thought...

After getting a full TT install and they finally got the GTM provided tune to upload, I drove it happily for a month. Then, this past week, I found out I have no AC in the car. Hmmmm....

Brought it in, they jumped the compressor: AC works fine. No blown fuses. Brought it to local Infiniti shop for them to plug in their on board diagnostic computer, and they could not get the two to link up. They didn't waste more time and brought it back to The Shop.

We're scratching heads. AC problem and no ability to check.

Is there a known problem with this area? Of course the connector is going to be the first culprit, but any tips that may have already been found would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Coop