Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Get back to current iPod playlist after car restart?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:41 AM
stealth210

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get back to current iPod playlist after car restart?

Hello,

I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this problem, but I cannot seem to find it with search.

Problem: cannot get back to "current" playlist list after restarting car.

For example, let's say I go in and pick an artist and play "All songs". I can see the list and get back to it after selecting a song by pressing BACK (I can again see the list of songs currently playing).

However, after stopping the car and restarting, I cannot see the list, but the system knows that it is playing a list of songs (I can track forward and back and I'm playing the list). I can't seem to find a way to get back to the list of songs after a restart. Pressing back just goes to the main iPod menu where you can select artist, etc.

Any ideas? Again, the system knows the current playlist after a restart because I can track forward and backward through the songs. I just can't get back to the screen that shows all the songs from here.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 AM
CDONNS

Originally Posted by stealth210
Hello,

I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this problem, but I cannot seem to find it with search.

Problem: cannot get back to "current" playlist list after restarting car.

For example, let's say I go in and pick an artist and play "All songs". I can see the list and get back to it after selecting a song by pressing BACK (I can again see the list of songs currently playing).

However, after stopping the car and restarting, I cannot see the list, but the system knows that it is playing a list of songs (I can track forward and back and I'm playing the list). I can't seem to find a way to get back to the list of songs after a restart. Pressing back just goes to the main iPod menu where you can select artist, etc.

Any ideas? Again, the system knows the current playlist after a restart because I can track forward and backward through the songs. I just can't get back to the screen that shows all the songs from here.
I don't know if I have this exact problem since I've never tried it out. But I do know that my iPod sometimes will, and sometimes will not, start back up on the song that was playing when I turned my car off. Not sure if it's a communication error between various versions/models of the iPod or what....
Old 03-22-2011, 11:58 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CDONNS
I don't know if I have this exact problem since I've never tried it out. But I do know that my iPod sometimes will, and sometimes will not, start back up on the song that was playing when I turned my car off. Not sure if it's a communication error between various versions/models of the iPod or what....
the car should definitely start at the same song that you left off at.

OP, have you tried pressing the Menu button on the screen? I think that might help
Old 03-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Cobalt232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subed for answers. Have the same issue as OP
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 PM
stealth210

Originally Posted by carz
the car should definitely start at the same song that you left off at.

OP, have you tried pressing the Menu button on the screen? I think that might help
Correct, the car starts back at the same song and position it was turned off.

Yes, I have pressed menu. It takes me to the main iPod menu where I can choose "Now playing">Goes to actual song playing, "Artist">Goes to list of artists and so on. No option to go to currently playing playlist.