Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2011 G37 - iPod integration - My Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Realpatmurphy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing that stinks about the iphone 4 and nav is that I have to unplug and replug it in every time I turn on the car to get the music going again. Even if I just try and press the "play" command. Any fix for this yet?
Old 01-06-2013, 03:32 PM
awightguy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The only thing I hate is that there isn't a search feature to quickly jump to a band or song. Idk....kinda like an actual iPod/iPhone is where you can skip by letter or type it in...
Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 AM
ATL_G
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this is a few months old, but my experience with the iPod Nano has not been good. I picked up a 2011 G37 Journey a few weeks ago and bought a 7th gen iPod Nano last week. When I connect it to the G37, I get a "reading file" message and it just gets stuck there for several minutes. I tried unplugging and reconnecting and it does the same thing. Sometimes it says "check connected device". I have yet to get it to connect. It also has the latest firmware.

I think I''m going to take it back and get an older generation. I've read the issues some people have with this latest generation of iPods. The 7th gens also have issues with the third party syncing programs, such as MediaMonkey.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Chkmyvq37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated ISO 8 to my 5th generation itouch and now my 2009 say ipod no connected.

Is anyone having the same issue as me after you update your itouch to iso 8 recently. Before i updated it... it was playing fine... I have a 2009 g37x... After i updated it, it played then i went to put shuffle mode on it i had an ipod not connected. Anyone else have this issue?

Also have the light adapter 30 pin to the 8 pin i think... but it worked fine before the update... now it just sucks... ipod not connected...(sad face) radio sucks it plays the same song over and over and commericals omg!
Old 11-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzynoise
.....It's like the Classic iPod had "slower" processing power or something.
Both devices use the Samsung ARM cpu although the Touch CPU runs much faster than the classic.

Originally Posted by fuzzynoise
So far, my only "gripe" (if you can call it that) is that when using the steering wheel controls, the "up" button is the next track and the "down" button is "previous", but on the radio console, the down button is "next" and the up button is "previous". Seems to be a little inconsistent.
That is damned curious. Its not that way on my 2008 G. Sounds like the Engineering team on the later model cars took notes from the idiot that reversed the shift up and shift down directions on the 5AT stick