Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Imported Contacts From Phone Displayed Backwards?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 06:29 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the galaxy s 4g(Android) and had the same problem initially. But after deleting then re-pairing my phone the contacts were displayed first name first.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
wickedwyrm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
I have the galaxy s 4g(Android) and had the same problem initially. But after deleting then re-pairing my phone the contacts were displayed first name first.
I did the same thing and now contacts are first name first. But it doesn't combine multiple numbers anymore. Now every one is listed twice. Once for a mobile and once for home. And it doesn't say which is which
Old 12-30-2011, 05:29 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wickedwyrm
I did the same thing and now contacts are first name first. But it doesn't combine multiple numbers anymore. Now every one is listed twice. Once for a mobile and once for home. And it doesn't say which is which
This was happening to me as well but I got in the car one day and everhing was back to normal.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM
wickedwyrm

I removed and the. Repaired the phone. Now the contacts are fixed and not doubled. But the names are backwards again. Stupid Infiniti work with apple
Old 02-07-2012, 12:09 AM
mseibel
Registered Member

Originally Posted by maxfinity
This was happening to me as well but I got in the car one day and everhing was back to normal.
I am sure glad you posted this. I thought either my meds were wearing off or the car is possessed. My phone (Galaxy S) nicely combines multiple contact information into one. But it shows up on the car as multiple names, with no indication which is which. The only way to find out is to tell the car "Dial" and look at what number is being called.... very stupid.

But I swear that one day it showed the phone numbers or [Home] [Work] on the car display.... then no more. It would be great to get this figured out.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:31 PM
ToInfiniti
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mseibel
I am sure glad you posted this. I thought either my meds were wearing off or the car is possessed. My phone (Galaxy S) nicely combines multiple contact information into one. But it shows up on the car as multiple names, with no indication which is which. The only way to find out is to tell the car "Dial" and look at what number is being called.... very stupid.

But I swear that one day it showed the phone numbers or [Home] [Work] on the car display.... then no more. It would be great to get this figured out.
My 2010 G37 AE lists the contact numbers and their type like you say ([Work] [Home] [Mobile], etc) but they are backwards (I have to say "Call Smith John" for John Smith). I did get a software update at my last oil change...not sure if it was a TSB or not, but the software changed. I also have deleted and added the phone, to no avail (I too have the Galaxy S 4g).
Old 05-07-2014, 01:22 PM
vihurricane

Same Issue

<bump>

Anyone found anything? Has it been fixed on later model G37s?
Old 09-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Grand Theft Aud

Checking in on this. Did anyone ever figure out what was causing phones to switch from last name to first name? My old iPhone 6S was using first name, last name. But my new iPhone 7 Plus is last name, first name. Very annoying