Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iPhone 4 plugged in but still drops audio

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
filthee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down iPhone 4 plugged in but still drops audio

Hi all. I've searched and read about audio dropouts over BlueTooth, but I'm getting these dropouts every 10 seconds or so while my iPhone is plugged into my 2010 G37 sedan.

It's annoying as all hell. Sometimes the audio will drop out completely and the displayed time will also freeze.

Has anyone experienced this? Tnx.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Noremac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It might help if you posted the iOs version you have. Also, have you performed the TSB update for 2010 models?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
FWIW I have never had any problems whatsoever in my 09 G37, with either my original iPhone, or my iPhone 4. The audio has always worked perfectly (when I use it, most of the time I leave my iPod hardwired to the car) and the bluetooth has always worked seamlessly
Old 09-29-2010, 03:17 PM
filthee

I'm using iOS 4.1. No, I'm not familiar with the TSB update but I'll look into it and get back to the board with an answer.

Tnx.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:44 PM
cnagy65

I've also noticed while playing my iphone4 (4.1) through the usb (2010), that it sounds like its skipping. Also the voice commands in the nav dont seem to be as accurate as they used to be. I don't know if its a coincidense but I never had these issues before the nav update a little over a month ago.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
10G37S6MT

Do you have the Bluetooth Audio "on" while playing through the cable. I haven't had any problems with drops since I purchased the car 6 weeks ago, but I tried out the bluetooth audio and today my Iphone dropped out while connected via USB. I am going to turn off the bluetooth audio. I think it may be causing the problem.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:59 AM
tliao5

I've got the same skipping problem with my iPhone 3GS. It started happening when I "upgraded" to OS4.1. I've I'm seeing others having the same problem on the Apple tech forums.

Song skip and stop a lot more if I am playing songs from a playlist. It happens a lot less when I am picking songs directly from the songs catalog or if I'm playing a pod cast. Don't know if this is a direct relation, but just something I noticed.

I hope Apple fixes this problem with OS 4.2.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:25 PM
joonrhee

I'm experiencing the same here. My iphone 4 is connected via USB, but it would pause or skip for a split second every 15 seconds or so... It's a bit annoying, but I still really appreciate the fact that I can at least hook up and control my iphone now. I'm coming from 04' Maxima with no ipod interface/usb/bluetooth, etc...
Old 10-28-2010, 04:24 PM
filthee

I've noticed if I turn Bluetooth off it gets better. But with BT on it skips every 10 seconds or so, then the sound disappears altogether after about 40 seconds.

Very, very frustrating. (iOS 4.0/iPhone 4)
Old 10-28-2010, 08:44 PM
cnagy65

Originally Posted by cnagy65
I've also noticed while playing my iphone4 (4.1) through the usb (2010), that it sounds like its skipping. Also the voice commands in the nav dont seem to be as accurate as they used to be. I don't know if its a coincidense but I never had these issues before the nav update a little over a month ago.
I don't seem to have the problem anymore. I powered off the phone and then back on and it hasn't skipped while plugged in for a couple of weeks now.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:14 PM
MiniRX7

I am using an iPhone 4 on iOS4.1 jailbroken.

I have NEVER had any issues wiht the bluetooth skipping. I also connected my laptop (asus 1000HE) netbook via bluetooth and no issues.

Fast forward and rewind also works perfect
Old 10-29-2010, 12:42 PM
IcebergG

Originally Posted by MiniRX7
I am using an iPhone 4 on iOS4.1 jailbroken.

I have NEVER had any issues wiht the bluetooth skipping. I also connected my laptop (asus 1000HE) netbook via bluetooth and no issues.

Fast forward and rewind also works perfect
Hey Mini I don't mean to threadjack but what are the benefits if I jailbreak the iPhone 4? PM me with details if you can.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:04 PM
MiniRX7

Originally Posted by IcebergG
Hey Mini I don't mean to threadjack but what are the benefits if I jailbreak the iPhone 4? PM me with details if you can.
No wories, decided to post it here incase people want to know as well.

Jailbreaking CAN be about piracy and stealing apps, but thats not the main reason to do it.

Jailbreaking does not improve bluetooth performance, but it unlocks the full potential of hte iphone. Without Jailbreaking, any iphone is a piece of crap. Some of the advantages are all surrounding customizatinons and apps not approved for the APP STORE. here are a few examples

1. uTorrent app
2. No more slide to unlock, you can now tap to unlock. In fact i got rid of the lockscreen completely..
3. BiteSMS - way better by 10000% over the stock APPLE SMS app
4. 5 columns, 5 rows of icons
5. Custom HD themes, makes the iphone look awesome
6. Custom ringtones, and SMS tones
7. Use volume buttons for the camera
8. SBSettings and Activator (down volume, disable bluetooth, up volume disable wifi, HOLD sleep button - turn on flash light)

Thats just a few, there are MILLIONS of reasons
Old 11-03-2010, 11:49 AM
filthee

I don't seem to have the problem anymore. I powered off the phone and then back on and it hasn't skipped while plugged in for a couple of weeks now.
I've noticed mine comes and goes. It was fine for a while, came back for a while, now it's gone again (knock, knock).
Old 11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
cnagy65

Spoke too soon, It did it again today

Quick Reply: iPhone 4 plugged in but still drops audio