Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth Problem Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 05:12 PM
ccuncc213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ccuncc213
Evening!

I recently purchased my first infiniti about a month and a half ago and love it. Just one problem, can't get the BT to work!

Model: '08 G37S w/ Nav.
Phone: iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0

Problem: Phone and car will not pair. Car times out while looking for phone. I've tried switching bluetooth off, clicking "phone" on the nav. then turning bluetooth on the phone on, and vice versa - no luck. Help please bc I'd love to use this feature on the car!
Still having this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2011 with nav. Phone is storm 2. I rate Bluetooth compatibility at 98%. Everything works as it should. Every once in a while phone doesn't pair and I turn off bt on the phone and then turn it on. Bt streaming works perfectly, call quality is acceptable.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM
saparda

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 2008 G coupe with navi

Phone: ANY PHONE! from BB to Galaxy!

Problems: i have to register the phone every time i turn on the car!, for some reason once i switch off the car and come back few minutes later all the paired phones gets deleted including the phonebook...etc , but everything works fine from answering to calling.

solution: did not find one yet!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 AM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Does anyone else have an issue where the bluetooth connects and functions perfectly but then after what seems to be a random amount of time, the bluetooth simply disconnects and you must reconnect by turning bluetooth off and then back on in the phone?

08 v36 with Samsung SGS2.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:14 PM
jco23

2009 G37x w/ NAV:
Samsung Droid Charge (Sch i510) rooted: bluetooth pairs fine, able to make/send calls. I can transfer contacts, but only one at a time.
I just ordered the Motorola Razr M: hoping this works.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
toyzforme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't do it LOL I have the Galaxy Note 2 and you can forget receiving calls as it drops them. I heard there was a update from the dealer which I am going to call and see.

For the guys that are having pairing issues and are using androin OS. Go to the play store and get the Bluetooth Auto Connect app and see if that helps your issue. They say it should. I got it and can pair, make calls, but forget about receiving calls and this phone has the bluetooth 4.0 on it. I had no problems with my Droid X2. New technology sucks sometimes
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 PM
jvang85

2011 G37 Sport Sedan 6MT with Samsung Brightside. As soon as the phone connects to the system's BT, the system starts ringing and displays the number of the last missed call that my phone had since it last synced to the system. I will press the answer button and it will displayed "failed connection". Then it'll repeat this for 5-6 times. After that, everything's fine, but damn this is annoying. The only way to get it to stop is to press the answer button each time. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:13 AM
deadguy366

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Iphone 4S skips a lot when using bluetooth audio, but only sometimes. Other times it'll play for hours with no problems. Sound quality is also not the greatest. Phone calls seem to work fine though!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 AM
TVD
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 - Using a Droid Bionic (4.1 OS) Nav & Premium Packages. Blue Tooth works fine, Wife's phone is also connected. Phone book downloaded ok. Plays all the music on the phone. Caller ID works also. No apparent issues.
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Problem Thread-p9140027.jpg  
Old 05-16-2013, 01:42 AM
dmg1225
Registered Member

Samsung Galaxy S3 - My Contacts don't load

Hi - First time posting. Looking to see if others are having problems loading contacts after pairing the phone. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, David

My Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 by Verizon SCH-I535 with OS version 4.1.2

My Car: 2011 G37 sedan, no navigation

My Problem: Contacts don’t load; phone pairs okay.

Tested: Tried my old Motorola Droid X2 by Verizon and the contacts load fine with OS version 2.3.5

I talked to both my Infiniti dealer and to Verizon support. Neither could help.
According to the Infiniti web site, they do support the S3 however only from ATT and TM, not from Verizon, with no plans for supporting it. Yep, I guess I should have found that out before purchasing the phone/car.
Infiniti Bluetooth | Wireless Phone Technology | Infiniti USA

Last edited by dmg1225; 05-16-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:44 PM
TByrd_McCloy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dmg1225
Hi - First time posting. Looking to see if others are having problems loading contacts after pairing the phone. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, David

Tested: Tried my old Motorola Droid X2 by Verizon and the contacts load fine with OS version 2.3.5

According to the Infiniti web site, they do support the S3 however only from ATT and TM, not from Verizon, with no plans for supporting it. Yep, I guess I should have found that out before purchasing the phone/car.

I have your exact phone but the 2012 G37 w/ Nav. Any tests you want me to try that might be of value?
Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 PM
dmg1225
Registered Member

If you have Verizon service, I would be interested in your results with loading contacts. I suspect it will not work. Thanks either way!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:17 PM
jco23

Originally Posted by dmg1225

have you tried searching on GS3 forums? there might be an app/mod (could require root access and installing a custom ROM)
Old 03-26-2014, 01:36 AM
mseibel
Registered Member

Last Name / First Name - Haunted Bluetooth

Car: 2010 G37 Sports Coupe w/NAV
Phone: Samsung S3, not rooted, with 4.3

This combination has been cursed from the beginning. What happens is they pair fine, and I usually see the "Allow access to contacts?" dialog on my phone, which I always accept and check "Don't ask me anymore".

Things then will work fine, for perhaps months. The Handset Phone Book shows Last, First names (weird, but ok). If I use voice commands, they work as long as I speak my contacts in Last/First order. Most of my contacts have multiple phone numbers, and they show up in the car as:
1) Blow, Joe [HOME]
2) Blow, Joe [WORK]
3) Blow, Joe [OTHER]

Ok... I can live with that even though the order is backwards from my phone's contact list. At least I have a clue which number is which.

However, after some undetermined time - often months - the car will permanently decide to stop presenting the list like above. Instead it will show my Handset Address book as:
1) Joe Blow
2) Joe Blow
3) Joe Blow
..... which is worthless.

If have no idea what changes to cause this. It is obviously connected to my phone fine - I can make calls and view my logs. I can dial by number. I have never "downloaded the phone book" into the car - it always grabs it each time it connects to my phone (this is better since it will always have the complete set of contacts available).

If I unpair and delete my car and phone from each other, then re-pair them, they seem to patch things up and play well together for awhile longer.

I suspect the Bluetooth standard was a mess up until now, and phones and cars have implemented half-baked standards to make it sort of work. The fact that websites exist to show which phone work with which car is a testimony to how screwed up this situation is. It reminds me of the early days of DVDs when there were sites showing which movie plays well on which player.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:18 PM
vihurricane

Red face

<bump>

Anyone with a clue on this one? I just got an Xperia ZL running Android 4.3 and I'm having the same issue. I was not having this issue when I was running Android 4.2.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Problem Thread