Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth Problem Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 05:20 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
BT/Phone Not Working at All

Hello all! Needing some direction regarding a problem I am having with BT/Phone and also SAT radio. I bought the car a few months ago and the previous owner (older gentleman) said he never used it at all. I got a great deal overall so I have no complaints. The car is flawless in every detail except this one.

Car: '08 G37S Coupe (56k miles), Bose/NON-NAV, Bose amp in left side of trunk, BT and SAT modules in right side, shark fin antenna on roof, phone buttons on steering wheel.

Problem: when I press the phone button absolutely nothing happens. Not a thing. No phone, no voice control, not a beep, nothing at all.

I checked the AV controller diagnostics menu and it shows a green connection to BT with no errors in the log. The SAT radio doesn't even show on the screen.

When I replaced the peeling steering wheel trim I went ahead and checked the continuity of the switches- all checked out. Went to the stealership to have the airbag recall taken care of and had them check it out. Basically they said it would cost almost $800 just to take the dash apart and looks things over but more than likely the modules are just there and not intended to work. Infiniti had spare modules laying around and decided to toss them in for the hay of it? Really???

Just curious to see what some of you guys who have more experience in this have to say. I really could care less about the SAT radio but it seems that if it's there it should work. Why include a option with no way to access it? (I do not have a SAT button on the controller). I'm thinking of replacing the BT module- I can get one off eBay. Thoughts/opinions/directions? I appreciate your time and input guys. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:57 AM
dmg1225
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem resolved.

Problem resolved after upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S4.

QUOTE=dmg1225;3630060]Hi - First time posting. Looking to see if others are having problems loading contacts after pairing the phone. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, David

My Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 by Verizon SCH-I535 with OS version 4.1.2

My Car: 2011 G37 sedan, no navigation

My Problem: Contacts don’t load; phone pairs okay.

Tested: Tried my old Motorola Droid X2 by Verizon and the contacts load fine with OS version 2.3.5

I talked to both my Infiniti dealer and to Verizon support. Neither could help.
According to the Infiniti web site, they do support the S3 however only from ATT and TM, not from Verizon, with no plans for supporting it. Yep, I guess I should have found that out before purchasing the phone/car.
Infiniti Bluetooth | Wireless Phone Technology | Infiniti USA[/QUOTE]
Old 09-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Rodknock
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just bought a 2009 SX sedan w/nav.
Phone is Straight Talk Galaxy S4 (verizon service)
Bluetooth says phone not found, and phone won't find the car either. Navigation still has original 08/09 maps and I ASSume all other factory software. It's not a super big deal, since I rarely talk on the phone, but it would be nice to have these things working.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Gowdislice

So what's the verdict?
Buying my 2008 G37s coupe today.

iPhone 6 iOS 9

What must I buy so I can listen to all audio from the aux, especially soundcloud.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Rodknock
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I did a reset of settings and was able to get BT to work. It will not work for streaming music, as it was not intended to do that.
You can listen to music via the aux inputs if your car has them.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Warpig

Originally Posted by saparda
Car: 2008 G coupe with navi

Phone: ANY PHONE! from BB to Galaxy!

Problems: i have to register the phone every time i turn on the car!, for some reason once i switch off the car and come back few minutes later all the paired phones gets deleted including the phonebook...etc , but everything works fine from answering to calling.

solution: did not find one yet!
My car forgets phone settings navigation settings but remembers the radio preset stations but doesn’t remember if the radio was left on or off
It’s like the part of the radio that needs power all the time to remember settings isn’t getting power all the time
Old 08-26-2021, 01:50 PM
gmb2000
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 G37 with NAV

Bluetooth audio is choppy

Have tried unpairing and still not working

Sucks big time