Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth Problem Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 PM
maz5915

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a 2010 g37s sedan and I have a blackberry curve 8530. The 8520 is the same phone and is on the approved list, I'm thinking its just not been updated since the 8530 came out. I got the car Saturday and instantly connected my phone, downloaded phonebook and place a call. The next day, the phone connection would randomly fail and re-connect. I deleted the connection and tried to reset and now I can't even find the connection. Tried messing with all settings on the phone's bluetooth and doing a hard reset on the phone. No luck, not happy at all.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:12 PM
STEAMROLL9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 G37x w/ NAV

Iphone4

Thought everything was fine, until a recent road trip...

GOOD-
Bluetooth audio works very well, but quality is much better being directly connected, still a great feature.
Phonebook downloads work as they should.

BAD-
Bluetooth call quality is horrendous!!! Usually first call or 2 will work fine(or F'up in the middle of a call). After that, people on the other end can hardly hear me and the audio on their end goes in and out. One friend said I sounded like a Klingon. This happens while it is connected to the car though the cable and when not connected to cable. Occasionaly when I disconnect and reconnect the cable while on a call, it will improve. Other times it will start off fine and then fade out.

Very annoyed. Got this car a month ago. Do you guys think it's just the Iphone fault? Or Infiniti? Maybe a software upgrade?
Old 08-29-2010, 10:08 PM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
solution is buy new phone =)
Old 08-29-2010, 11:25 PM
kmp

Ok I just got a new phone (a Droid X) a few weeks ago for my 2008 G37 and was disappointed that the phonebook didn't transfer. As soon as Googles App Inventor publishes the Bluetooth component I will write a transfer for Android. Now I just need the Infiniti to mini USB to get my music. I'm even willing to hack up my iPod cable to do this.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 PM
SEATOWNBOY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got the Droid X and noticed on my 2008 G37S that when on bluetooth the voice over the speaker phone is broken up and the caller cannot hear me. Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions? (besides a new phone)
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just received a droid pro. BT will pair, but not connect? Any suggestions?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Marper

Samsung Vibrant just not working 2010 G37

You would not believe the number of posts and other forums that have loads of complaints about infiniti. Just picked up a new M5 and this phone works with the bt system like a charm. My G is up for sale as the Infiniti customer service and dealers kept giving me the run around about this phone. I replaced this phone 4 times complaining to Tmo and everyone had the same problem. I once worked for Nissan when they were here in Torrance and thought they were a good company and cared about customer care, but now I'm done, when they can't fix something as simple as bt.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by Marper
You would not believe the number of posts and other forums that have loads of complaints about infiniti. Just picked up a new M5 and this phone works with the bt system like a charm. My G is up for sale as the Infiniti customer service and dealers kept giving me the run around about this phone. I replaced this phone 4 times complaining to Tmo and everyone had the same problem. I once worked for Nissan when they were here in Torrance and thought they were a good company and cared about customer care, but now I'm done, when they can't fix something as simple as bt.
Wow... I had the vibrant since september of 2010 and it paired with my car with no problems. I recently broke my screen and the insurance sent me the 4g version of the vibrant as a replacement and it works just as well as the vibrant did with my bluetooth system. My car has Nav though, Maybe if your car didnt have nav that could have been the difference. Either way it should have worked with your car. Btw Congrats on your new M5.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:38 AM
handleandrew
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
08 G37S w/o nav

Casio G'zOne (android 2.3.3)

when dialing out it takes 5 seconds for the call to come up on the bluetooth even though it shows connected before that.

incoming calls pick up, then switch to phone only for 2 seconds then back to bluetooth. after the initial 5 seconds problem the calls are fine.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 PM
duffdaddy

Samsung Galaxy S3 Only issue so far is when I answer calls. I have to wait until the timer is at 5 seconds to start talking. People say, "did you just get out of a wind tunnel"? I'm not sure what it sounds like on their end but I just wait until the 5 seconds and say "hello". This really doesn't bother me though.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:01 PM
TByrd_McCloy

2012 G37S Sedan w/NAV/Prem + Galaxy Nexus VZ toro w/ CM10 4.1 or XenonHD 4.2

Android 4.1 and 4.2 people frustrated by Full Address book transfer not working, try this and see if it helps. Initiate the full address book transfer wait on your NAV, it will sit there with some dumb message, like enter pin that appears on your phone or something.
Leave the waiting message up on your head unit.
Run Contacts app on your phone
Pull up a specific list of contacts you want to transfer, or all of them.
Hit the 3 little vertical dots in the lower right hand corner
Hit Import/Export
Share Visible Contacts
Bluetooth
Just Once
Select your car

Progress bars should now appear on both devices

For people suffering from A2DP quality problems, stuttering, skipping, ****ting, etc.
Try turning off Wifi while your driving.
Or get a free app like "A2DP Volume" that does even more
If that still isn't enough
Try using an app like PowerAmp to play your music and set a really long buffer.

For people who can't get any metadata to pass from their phone to the head unit with BT playback even though they're rooted and running a ROM with AVRCP 1.3, please fix it and tell me how you did it.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
ccuncc213

Evening!

I recently purchased my first infiniti about a month and a half ago and love it. Just one problem, can't get the BT to work!

Model: '08 G37S w/ Nav.
Phone: iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0

Problem: Phone and car will not pair. Car times out while looking for phone. I've tried switching bluetooth off, clicking "phone" on the nav. then turning bluetooth on the phone on, and vice versa - no luck. Help please bc I'd love to use this feature on the car!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:31 AM
RMA

You and I both except mine is the older Gen 4 model. Wish there was an inexpensive product out there to resolve the BT issues.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:12 PM
snowtan

2010 coupe, my problem is when i stream music, the volume is like 60%, and i have to turn it up almost to max to hear what i would normally hear. not a big problem, but it sucks when i switch to radio or music box or something, and forget to turn it down.
iphone5 btw
Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
TByrd_McCloy

Has anyone gone in for the 2012 G37 bluetooth firmware update yet?
experiences?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Problem Thread