Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help IPOD not connected - Oh yes it is!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by deerpark
>> The iPod simply stays in a standby mode for quite a while
>> before completely powering off. I'm sure that is what you are seeing.

Here's what I found an Apple's web site regarding standby versus deep sleep mode. Note the reference to 36 hours, which isn't far off from my "2 day and lose connection" experience:

"If the iPod or iPod mini is left in sleep for about 36 hours, it will fall into deep sleep."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1605?viewlocale=en_US

Interesting. All I know is on my 6th gen ipod I can fully charge it, place it in the car where I have a daily commute of at least 1.25 hours a day, and the ipod will discharge after a few days. When that happens, the sound system will swap over to ipod mode regardless of whatever source I'm on at the time when the battery starts to juice up, and it will start recharging the ipod. the weird change source issue only happens when the ipod battery gets drained. If I reach in and manually shut the ipod down after turning the car off, i don't have the problem, so I know it's draining the ipod battery to let it sit all night (or day) by itself. I may try the sleep option on your link...that might fix the problem if I can tweak the settings to make it turn off after an hour or so since i rarely ever use it that long. I'd still rather not have the problem at all since the same ipod works just fine in the aftermarket Alpine unit I have in my old Maxima.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:36 AM
zmzmzm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me the problem started when I put the 3.0 software on my 1st gen iPOD touch. If I turn the engine off and restart it, the iPOD syncs up on the second try.