Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Everything you need to know about iPod Video Cables

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
G37S-OONER
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One question, every time I plug in my iPhone 4S into the stock cable it says (this device is not compatible for charging.)
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 PM
fastlane45

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
For those of you with problems charging I've been using this with no problem since I got my car

Charging Adapter for iPod & iPhone
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 PM
SL4Y3R

Originally Posted by DJMatrix1067
Man some of you guys really need to go back and read what the OP said. I have the iPhone 3GS and everything works fine. One thing not discussed is the correct TV Out setting on the iPod.

First and foremost, remember to put the emergency brake ON and leave the car completely stopped. If one of those conditions is not met, you will have no video. Audio on mine works when the car is in motion through the Aux input, however no video until the car has stopped and the emergency brake is on.

Second, if you are seeing black and white video, it may be a cable, but more commonly, your TV Out setting is set to PAL instead of NTSC. This is critical. I made that mistake.

I am using the apple composite AV cable. I also have the scosche adapter for my cars iPod integration cable. No hum when im using video, however, there is a high pitched hum when playing audio off the cars integrated iPod cable. Just an FYI. If you are having trouble Read the original post for detail!
Thank you so much!!! I had the right cables and everything but it wouldn't play the video only audio, it kept saying the car has to be in full stop and I was like "it's in park already dammit!!!" I was going insanse but good thing I kept reading this thread all I needed was to turn on the ebrake; now I can watch my iphone movies! Thanks again!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
hhyder

hi guys, sorry for waking up a thread from the dead... i just got an '09 g37xs and am trying to figure out how i can get my iphone 5 video to display on the nav screen. the car comes with the ipod cable but that does me no good with the iphone's lightening connector. what's the best way to send audio/video from my phone to the screen? thanks!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Andres Moya

i have the same question.. i've been looking all over the web for this and I cant find any solutions. I hope someone answers our questions.. =[
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Steve_A_Leeve

I have a g37s sedan and have this ipod cable
Amazon.com: Scosche IPAV SneakPEAK Audio/Video Cable for iPad,iPod and iPhone - Synchronization Software - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Scosche IPAV SneakPEAK Audio/Video Cable for iPad,iPod and iPhone - Synchronization Software - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
and everytime I go to use my iphone's ipod i have a constant battle of pressing aux, unplugging the cable from my phone, reconnecting it, and pressing play/pause until it actually plays from the car's speakers. Is there a certain trick to making it play instantly every time?

My 2nd question is just about the radio. Everytime I turn the car off to go home, into a store, work, etc, then turn the car back on the radio is now ALWAYS turned off. Why is this? It didn't do this before.

thanks for the help!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:13 AM
trippingjimmi

what are my options for playing videos in my 2010 coupe?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 PM
H2O'sG37s

no video using composite AV ipod cable

Just bought composite AV cable for my Ipod Nano 3rd gen. I have sound but no video,,,I am parked with the emergency brake applied. I own a 2009 G37 without prem. pk. no nav. does anyone no why, or has anyone had this issue?
Old 10-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Any companies making an ipod interface (full harness-plug n play) for non ipod G's? Like if you just have RCA's.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Jack10525
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
So was anybody ever able to connect their iphone 5 to a G to be able to listen to music and play apps?
Old 07-12-2014, 05:49 PM
GLodi_31
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure some one already asked this but I'm really to lazy to go thru pages of this... Do they make a cord to connect an iPhone 5/5s for music? cuz all cords I've seen or the 30 pin not 8 pin
Old 09-17-2014, 08:54 AM
darrick

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i need to know the same thing
Old 09-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Doruk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Purchase the small adapter 30 pin to 8 from apple and connect it to OEM cable and you can listen music.

if you also want to charge your phone, the you also need to purchase charging adapter and connect oem cable to the charging adapter then connect the 30-8 adapter to that and to your phone.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:41 PM
darrick

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
So ,is there any way to get video from my ipone 5 to the G ? i have a 08 with the ipod cable and the 3 rca's under the ipod connector, i do have nav
Old 02-14-2015, 01:56 PM
sexomancer

So ive been looking around the web regarding playing video from an ipod, iphone, ipad, through the lightning connector and from what i read, the old 30 pin connector was an a non-digital signal while the 8 pin (lightning connector) is only digital. So using the RCA in the G will not work unless you use a converter to convert digital to TV.

Has anyone successfully got video to work with an ipod with the lightning connector??

(08 with the ipod cable and the 3 rca's under the ipod connector, with nav)

Quick Reply: Everything you need to know about iPod Video Cables