Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Sticker says Voice Recognition HVAC-Car says NO

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sticker says Voice Recognition HVAC-Car says NO

Just picked up my car yesterday and was playing around with the voice recognition feature in the car. I know that earlier generations of the G had voice recognition HVAC (Climate Controls) and they have since taken the voice recognition HVAC away. Well, I was looking at my window sticker today and it says "Voice Recognition: HVAC, Audio & Navi". Since the window sticker says it has it, shouldn't the car have that feature? I am assuming that Infiniti just needs to re-load the firmware on the hard drive in order to activate that feature? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Other than that, totally loving the car!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:18 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine has voice recognition HVAC. When did they remove it from the programming and why?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NotUrG
Just picked up my car yesterday and was playing around with the voice recognition feature in the car. I know that earlier generations of the G had voice recognition HVAC (Climate Controls) and they have since taken the voice recognition HVAC away. Well, I was looking at my window sticker today and it says "Voice Recognition: HVAC, Audio & Navi". Since the window sticker says it has it, shouldn't the car have that feature? I am assuming that Infiniti just needs to re-load the firmware on the hard drive in order to activate that feature? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Other than that, totally loving the car!
The truth is that all G37s with Voice Recognition have HVAC voice controls. The old G37s have the ability to change the temp for each side whereas the new G7s only have the ability to turn the system on and off. So technically the car still has voice HVAC control.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bboysteele
The truth is that all G37s with Voice Recognition have HVAC voice controls. The old G37s have the ability to change the temp for each side whereas the new G7s only have the ability to turn the system on and off. So technically the car still has voice HVAC control.
I'll have to go back out and play around with it. I was in it for an hour today trying to get it to work, but couldn't make it work. I'm going to check with the dealership tomorrow morning and see if they have any suggestions...
Old 01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NotUrG
I'll have to go back out and play around with it. I was in it for an hour today trying to get it to work, but couldn't make it work. I'm going to check with the dealership tomorrow morning and see if they have any suggestions...
Ya, the two commands are "climate control" and "climate control off" if you have the system with the minimized voice-commands.