Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:10 AM
tampa pb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth problem

not sure on which end i have the prob (phone vs car).
i have linked up my phone twice, made calls twice. and the next day, both devices say they cant find each other.
it is a pain in the azz to get rid of the connections and do this over every day, as i have to re-program the phone book each time.

if anyone is super techy.. i'd love some advice. my phone is a verizon voyager.

(i even read the manual, which i hate doing)
Old 12-26-2007, 03:35 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tampa pb
i have linked up my phone twice, made calls twice. and the next day, both devices say they cant find each other.
it is a pain in the azz to get rid of the connections and do this over every day, as i have to re-program the phone book each time.

Does your phone still show a relationship with your car under the bluetooth settings? You should see you phone on the car info screen when seeing paired phones also. If you don't see it in one of these areas then that should be the problem.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:44 AM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Does your phone still show a relationship with your car under the bluetooth settings? You should see you phone on the car info screen when seeing paired phones also. If you don't see it in one of these areas then that should be the problem.
yup, the devices are still "there" respectively. on y phone, it shows "M-CAR" and on the G it shows "Josh's Voyager" (which is what i named my phone).

bluetooth is turned ON on the cell.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:02 AM
PainProphet

I don't pretend to know much about bluetooth, but I do have my Palm Treo 700p paired with my G37S. I noticed my phone has three selections when the bluetooth is on. Do you have the Visibility set to either "Hidden" or "Visible" and not "Temporary"? Mine works perfectly set to "Hidden."

It sounds like it might be set to temporary so when you walk away from the car it doesn't re-establish the connection automatically... even though it's in your trusted devices.

If that isn't it, my apologies and good luck.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:13 AM
jock_3101

Hey I have a question for painprophet, I have the Palm Treo 700p as well. The thing that drive me crazy about this phone/car is when I get a call coming in the caller ID is not matched to the person actually calling. Like if I made a call of my phone to my work from my phone and then later Im in my call and receive a call from lets say my brother, it will show on the cars screen my work number but my phone shows my brother Mark calling. I have tried all kinds of things. Can you help me. Thanks
Old 12-26-2007, 10:19 AM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by jock_3101
Hey I have a question for painprophet, I have the Palm Treo 700p as well. The thing that drive me crazy about this phone/car is when I get a call coming in the caller ID is not matched to the person actually calling. Like if I made a call of my phone to my work from my phone and then later Im in my call and receive a call from lets say my brother, it will show on the cars screen my work number but my phone shows my brother Mark calling. I have tried all kinds of things. Can you help me. Thanks
Argh, I can't help ya, at least not yet. I've only used a few times... One thing I have experienced lately is that I I received a call from my boss's cell phone, on the navigation screen it was showing private caller, but on my cell phone it was showing my boss's number and caller name. I've downloaded my phone book to the car too, so it's weird. So I think we are having sort of the same problem.

I haven't really had a chance to tinker with it since the holidays have arrived and I'm not sure how much time I'll have here soon since my girlfriend gets back today from working in Minnasota for over 3 weeks. If I figure anything out, I'll let ya know.

Last edited by PainProphet; 12-26-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:04 AM
g35newbps2

i'm having the same problem with mine and the blue tooth just doesn't connect all the time. or i will answer the phone when the screen shows connected but they can't hear me. it's definitely a problem, i have a vx8700 from verizon
Old 12-26-2007, 01:23 PM
tampa pb

i'll be at the dealer on friday and i'll print this thread and show my delivery coordinator. please post all additional bluetooth concerns here, i'll get em answered if she can.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:51 PM
jock_3101

thanks guys for all your help here.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:41 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

^^Hey people, one thing I would recommend doing if you haven't is make sure you have updated your phone software first especially on the PDA phones. The PDA phones normally have an update icon so try that to see if there is any new updates. Other normal phones normally can be updated by going to the update section in the phone menu, turning off the phone and then on, and there are other ways. Just check with your phone documentation or service provider. I would try this first though if you haven't already since there might have been a software release to help out the bluetooth on the phone.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:44 PM
swordsman54

Originally Posted by tampa pb

I have a voyager as well, and im also having problems with it. Ive noticed, though, that turning the phone off and on once in the car will reconnect it with the bluetooth system. If you leave the car on and walk outside, the phone will start to have problems again, so make sure that you turn your phone off and on once you are inside the car and you should be fine.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by bboysteele
^^Hey people, one thing I would recommend doing if you haven't is make sure you have updated your phone software first especially on the PDA phones. The PDA phones normally have an update icon so try that to see if there is any new updates. Other normal phones normally can be updated by going to the update section in the phone menu, turning off the phone and then on, and there are other ways. Just check with your phone documentation or service provider. I would try this first though if you haven't already since there might have been a software release to help out the bluetooth on the phone.
I've had the latest for Verizon's Palm Treo 700P (I just checked Palmone.com):

Treo700p_-1.10-VZW

but it was released on September 21, 2007...
Old 01-01-2008, 10:55 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by PainProphet
I've had the latest for Verizon's Palm Treo 700P (I just checked Palmone.com):

Treo700p_-1.10-VZW

but it was released on September 21, 2007...
hmm...I have a Mogul through Sprint and have none of these issues. That sucks though. Maybe an update will be released soon. I would email your service provider about this problem and maybe Palm, and hopefully they will work on a solution for the problem. I don't think you will get much help from Infiniti on this especially if it is not on their site saying it will work with their system in the car. Your service provider will also not help you along with the maker of the phone, BUT they might look into the issue especially if enough people bring it to their attention.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:06 AM
tampa pb

okay, i spoke to infiniti, and i spoke with verizon. neither have the other device in a manual, but here is what i have figured out so far.

once the devices are connected once, they appear to not find each other the next time u come back to the vehicle. on the voyager, as it is a touch screen outside, the phone usually is keyguard locked to prevent calls, or any other applications from starting unwantingly..

well, if this keyguard is on, it blocks the bluetooth connection. also, if you have mobile IM running, and you have a message waiting for you, then it will also block the bluetooth. apparently, there are a lot of applications or things that can be going on that will block the connectivity, but as soon as you correct the "problem" between the 2 devices, it will work nicely again.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:32 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
iPhone..............

Works ALL THE TIME!

Quick Reply: bluetooth problem