Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Sirius Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 AM
boyah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Radio?

Has anyone hooked up a Sirius unit yet.. ie a sportser, s50 stilletto? Im hoping you can just connect it through the audio jacks in the armrest. Please someone verify this for me before I get the car. Its very important that I am able to hook up a sirius receiver.
Thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by boyah
Has anyone hooked up a Sirius unit yet.. ie a sportser, s50 stilletto? Im hoping you can just connect it through the audio jacks in the armrest. Please someone verify this for me before I get the car. Its very important that I am able to hook up a sirius receiver.
Thanks
I have a Sirius Stilletto. I've decided to just use it to play stored content and not live sat radio. I don't think the car dock would look good in G37, but it will work no problem if thats what you want to do. I currently have it plug directly into the RCA jacks and just let the Stilletto run off battery power. I have a home dock so getting content on it before I leave the house is no problem. Also I don't want a mess of cables and the ugly suction cup dock like I had in my old car.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:19 PM
boyah

cool, thanks for responding. I was thinking about getting a stilleto which is smaller and jsut hooking everything up in that center console. do you think the stilleto and car dock would fit in the compartment? I really only listen to 2-3 channels. The only wire I would have to run is the antenna and that should be to hard to run it up to the window. I have done that in my other cars and it looks fine. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by boyah
cool, thanks for responding. I was thinking about getting a stilleto which is smaller and jsut hooking everything up in that center console. do you think the stilleto and car dock would fit in the compartment? I really only listen to 2-3 channels. The only wire I would have to run is the antenna and that should be to hard to run it up to the window. I have done that in my other cars and it looks fine. Thanks for the info.
The compartment is extremely small. I was actually shocked how small it is. The dock might fit with the cables and the power adapter, but it would be very tight with no room for anything else. When I want to listen to my stilleto i pull out the cable from the compartment and sit my stilleto in the cup holder or passenger seat. I cant get live sat radio, but I mainly use it for Stern and I record the show at night.

A little off topic, but I'm very disappointed with XM. I've had Sirius for a couple years and their music stations are a lot better then XM. If Sirius and XM don't merge I don't think I will renew my XM subscription in the car.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:00 PM
boyah

xm is terrible. I have them on directv. They never play any new music. Sirius kills XM in almost everything music/talk/sports. I only think people select XM becuase its basically forced down their throats. They only things XM has is the traffic thing and thats why car manufactures pick XM becuase they can add it as a cool thing for you to buy their car. Sirius just came out with the kid TV thing that is pretty lame, they should add a traffic feature.