Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Voice Recognition for Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that is a great idea! If we all call one person than they can take responsibility for our problem. Instead of all talking to our own person and it getting lost in the shuffle. Please post her phone and email.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Romeo Xray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried the "temperature 70 degrees" command and it didn't work, I also tried different temperatures to make sure it wasn't just 70. I'll call my dealer to report it.

I also have nav, prem, and sport packages.

edit: Didn't realize there were six pages to this post; I read them all and agree we should start contacting Infiniti, this is not right! I always thought the steering wheel retract on exit was part of the Technology package, which I don't have.

Last edited by Romeo Xray; 12-15-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:33 PM
peterbanks

Originally Posted by 08G37S
TIRE PRESSURE didn't work - damn!

Do you have the "Alternate Command Mode" activated?
Old 12-15-2007, 10:50 PM
08G37S

Originally Posted by peterbanks
Do you have the "Alternate Command Mode" activated?
I believe so, but will double check.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:05 PM
peterbanks

It will be pretty sweet if it shows the actual pressure for each tire.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Doesn't work...at least not for me.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:09 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by dvrming
Oh, what is Casey's phone number and the email address? That would be a great start. We should post this on the G35 forum too!
I am not sure that her contact info will help you. They assign specific people to specific cases. Thus far I am getting NO WHERE and she is actually assigned to my case. I have given Casey 3 different contact numbers to reach me- I don't get it- I think she is a little "numb" she keeps calling me after hours AT MY WORK NUMBER ONLY!!!! I do't understand why she doesn't contactme on my cell or at home- se is being really dumb! And it is typically days/ hours after I leave her a message before she attempts to call me back. Every time I call her I get her voice mail. No one else can help me- the rep at Consumer Affairs (Infiniti) says. No one knows if she has a superior. She has yet to attempt to reach me on the other numbers that I have provided her. I am going to give this process another chance. If she keeps blowing me off, I am going to give up on handling it directly with Infiniti (I have already filed a complaint with the Attorney General) I just may post her contact number here for all of you to bombard her with your concerns ... LOL

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 12-18-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 AM
dvrming

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I am not sure that her contact info will help you. They assign specific people to specific cases. Thus far I am getting NO WHERE and she is actually assigned to my case. I have given Casey 3 different contact numbers to reach me- I don't get it- I think she is a little "numb" she keeps calling me after hours AT MY WORK NUMBER ONLY!!!! I do't understand why she doesn't contactme on my cell or at home- se is being really dumb! And it is typically days/ hours after I leave her a message before she attempts to call me back. Every time I call her I get her voice mail. No one else can help me- the rep at Consumer Affairs (Infiniti) says. No one knows if she has a superior. She has yet to attempt to reach me on the other numbers that I have provided her. I am going to give this process another chance. If she keeps blowing me off, I am going to give up on handling it directly with Infiniti (I have already filed a complaint with the Attorney General) I just may post her contact number here for all of you to bombard her with your concerns ... LOL

All I can say is the sooner we get started, the sooner we get to use what is supposed to be there in the first place. By the way, would the loan company be so understanding if it takes you this long to make the payment on your car with the alleged VR system?

Post the contact info and let us make it happen! NO reason to wait.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
if someone wants to PM me their VIN #'s, dealership they purchased the car from, and contact #'s.... i'm trying to work on something for everyone. I have a list of clients and myself I look embarrassed that the updated voice recognition is lame...

Infiniti is supposed to be the technology leader -- they just took two steps backwards
Old 12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i thought i was crazy for getting pissed off at the system for not recognizing anything i say...well not everything but most of the time it can't recognize anything

i now dont even bother using the voice commands
Old 12-19-2007, 11:46 AM
KAHBOOM

UPDATE:

My situation has been worked out. They provided a very fair solution. I may have to sign a release and non-disclosure statement (not sure yet). However I will tell what my circumstances were that aided me to escalate this to a level where someone finally responded to my concerns:
1) Neither myself nor my dealsership was aware that the changes were made to the voice system at the time that I ordered the car.

2) I ordered my car in September (prior to the change in the voice command and prior to the release of the bulletin)

3) I had the vin-number of the car I test drove (I always write it down). I told them that car had all of the voice commands (as it did I told them that the car I test drove was the car I intended to order -that same car in just a different color.

4) I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and the front line reps were unable to provide a solution to me for this. They did automatically assign my issue to a regional representative but I still had to go through their chain of command first. I demanded that they assign my case a file number and escalate the issue to the executive offices.

In view of the foregoing, I am refraining at this time from sharing Casey's number (especialy since it will take some time for them to redress). Additionaly after some research I realize that since her specefic number is non-published, legally I shouldn't share it without her permission (sorry). But I bet you may find some helpful informaiton in the home town yellow pages of Nissan's headquarters. Even so- the execs won't return your call unless you reference a specefic file number...

In summary- start with consumer affairs first. Keep pushing until you get an acceptable resolution- you will get one eventually.

Or if Da_Mayor is able to get to a level of address beyond what you may be able to accomplish in your own initial attempts at contact- see if he can help you.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 12-19-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:16 AM
dvrming

Originally Posted by da mayor
if someone wants to PM me their VIN #'s, dealership they purchased the car from, and contact #'s.... i'm trying to work on something for everyone. I have a list of clients and myself I look embarrassed that the updated voice recognition is lame...

Infiniti is supposed to be the technology leader -- they just took two steps backwards
What is the status of redressing the "simplified" VR with Infiniti? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
dvrming

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
UPDATE:

My situation has been worked out. They provided a very fair solution. I may have to sign a release and non-disclosure statement (not sure yet). However I will tell what my circumstances were that aided me to escalate this to a level where someone finally responded to my concerns:
1) Neither myself nor my dealsership was aware that the changes were made to the voice system at the time that I ordered the car.

2) I ordered my car in September (prior to the change in the voice command and prior to the release of the bulletin)

3) I had the vin-number of the car I test drove (I always write it down). I told them that car had all of the voice commands (as it did I told them that the car I test drove was the car I intended to order -that same car in just a different color.

4) I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and the front line reps were unable to provide a solution to me for this. They did automatically assign my issue to a regional representative but I still had to go through their chain of command first. I demanded that they assign my case a file number and escalate the issue to the executive offices.

In view of the foregoing, I am refraining at this time from sharing Casey's number (especialy since it will take some time for them to redress). Additionaly after some research I realize that since her specefic number is non-published, legally I shouldn't share it without her permission (sorry). But I bet you may find some helpful informaiton in the home town yellow pages of Nissan's headquarters. Even so- the execs won't return your call unless you reference a specefic file number...

In summary- start with consumer affairs first. Keep pushing until you get an acceptable resolution- you will get one eventually.

Or if Da_Mayor is able to get to a level of address beyond what you may be able to accomplish in your own initial attempts at contact- see if he can help you.
Could you share with us the outcome of your VR system "downgrade"?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
3des

I'm glad I found this thread! Been wondering why all of the most useful voice commands weren't working for me. :-/
Old 01-15-2008, 11:50 AM
KAHBOOM

Infiniti sent me a fair amount of money to resolve the issue.

Quick Reply: Voice Recognition for Climate Control