Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Will ipod video show on nav screen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:45 PM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will ipod video show on nav screen?

My G37 will have the ipod connector, but I am not sure about the standard video and audio in connectors. Are they there in the G37?

Also, and this is my main question, will ipod video play on nav screen through the ipod cable? Or do you have to unplug it from that cable and plug it into the RCA jacks to get video onto the nav screen?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:51 PM
bostonmerlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedHerring
My G37 will have the ipod connector, but I am not sure about the standard video and audio in connectors. Are they there in the G37?

Also, and this is my main question, will ipod video play on nav screen through the ipod cable? Or do you have to unplug it from that cable and plug it into the RCA jacks to get video onto the nav screen?
i have seen the ipod connector in person.. and plugged my iPhone into it but did not see any av input cables. I didnt look hard though.. so they may still be there. I have seen av cables in g37 pics.. so i expect they are there.. i just didnt look hard enough for them. If they are there you'll have no problem watching movies from your ipod when the car is not moving.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:45 PM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had my video ipod connected to the G37 via ipod dock connector and couldn't figure out how to make the video show on the nav screen.

You can, of course, plug into the audio/video headphone jack and input video through the composite rca jack ( wherever THAT is?? ). It just seems like a waste since the video signals are available on the ipod docking connector.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:34 AM
beestea

I wonder if Infiniti couldn't figure out how to disable video from the IPOD while the car was in motion, so instead just didn't enable video from the IPOD at all?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:41 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i have seen the ipod connector in person.. and plugged my iPhone into it but did not see any av input cables. I didnt look hard though.. so they may still be there. I have seen av cables in g37 pics.. so i expect they are there.. i just didnt look hard enough for them. If they are there you'll have no problem watching movies from your ipod when the car is not moving.
The RCA input jacks are just below the iPod interface connector in the console compartment. I saw them on Friday when I test drove the G at Fields. I would assume you can get video up on the screen from an iPod or other device, not sure how easy that would be tho.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Benge

When I went to the unveiling on the 16th one of the dealers had his ipod hooked-up using the ipod video cable and was playing videos directly on the screen. Didn't get a chance to ask about specifics...
Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^^we use our video iPods and the RCA interface from Apple all the time to watch videos on our TV and also in my wife's Odyssey. I can't imagine connecting up to the NAV screen on the G would be too difficult, although I understand that it would probably not work while rolling.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:40 AM
beestea

Right, it should absolutely work via the RCA cable input... but it also has the ability to work via the IPOD Dock connector digital connection. I believe the video quality is better via the dock connector as well.

We are just trying to figure out if infiniti enabled this feature of the dock connector or not.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:56 AM
nogoodname
Banned

if anyone is interested, heres a pic of the connectors.

Last edited by nogoodname; 08-23-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:05 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by nogoodname007
if anyone is interested, heres a pic of the connectors.
intestingly enough i think the confusion stems from pictures like this one.. which i took at an infiniti event in boston
Attached Thumbnails Will ipod video show on nav screen?-g37-connections.jpg  
Old 08-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I remember seeing the RCA jacks along with the iPod connector when I saw the G37.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:09 PM
nogoodname
Banned

there are two different types of center consoles. i guess one for the non-sport and one for the sport
Old 08-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

there are two different types of center consoles. i guess one for the non-sport and one for the sport
That's true. The one I saw it on was the 5AT version.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:27 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
intestingly enough i think the confusion stems from pictures like this one.. which i took at an infiniti event in boston
This is exactly the way the one I drove looked, BM. The RCA jacks are just below the door and thus would be obscured in your photo.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not exactly. The difference in center consoles is dependent upon transmission type, not Sport vs. non-Sport.

Quick Reply: Will ipod video show on nav screen?