Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

Announcement Private Classified Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Exclamation Private Classified Forum

There's been a rash of posts lately showing that members are either not reading the rules for posting private classifieds, that they're not understanding them, or that they are simply ignoring them. Here's a list of several of the problems that have been repeatedly encountered lately.
  • You may not post a thread to sell items in the Private Classified forum unless you have been a member for at least 10 days and have a minimum post count of 10, if you are a Premier Member, or if you purchase a subscription to the Private Classified forum.
  • DO NOT post any FS, WTB, or WTT threads anywhere except in the Private Classified forum.
  • Your location (or location of the item being sold) MUST be listed. Don't make people post to ask you where you are located.
  • It is required to post photos of the actual item for sale. This shows that it exists, that you currently have it in your possession, and also its condition. Members are going to ask, so just post them when you start the thread. DO NOT post a thread and state that you'll post them later, or tomorrow, or when you get home, etc. The thread will be deleted.
  • You MUST list an asking price for the item, even if it negotiable. OBO is fine, but don't simply put "make offers" or something similar. Take it to eBay.
  • You may ONLY sell items in the Private Classifieds forum. Nowhere else on the forum unless you are a supporting vendor. You may not start a thread elsewhere to direct members to your classified thread.
  • DO NOT post a listing in the Private Classified forum unless the item is definitely for sale and available. Don't post "feelers" or post that you're thinking about selling but want to gauge interest first. Sell or don't sell - it's that simple.
  • DO NOT post your item for sale in someone else's FS thread.
  • DO NOT pay for goods or services by using a wire transfer or PayPal sent as a gift/friends & family unless you don't mind losing all of your money and possibly receiving nothing in return with no recourse to get your goods or money. Doing this is stupid. You might as well just flush your money down a toilet or better still, give it to me. The seller has absolutely no obligation to ship you anything and you have little recourse to get your money refunded.
  • When your item has sold or is on longer for sale, please click the "Report Post" button to inform the moderatio staff so that the thread may be closed.
The complete rules for selling items in the Private Classified forum are posted in the stickies of that forum. READ THEM HERE before you post if you aren't certain abut anything. Abuses will not be tolerated. Threads not in compliance are subject to editing or deletion. If there's anything about this that you don't understand, ask here. Otherwise please read, understand, and comply with the few simple rules in place to protect both buyers and sellers on the forum. Thanks.

Last edited by Black Betty; 06-22-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
I agree and fully support all of these. Great write up!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
great write up!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How much for the write up?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

It was done for a selfish motive, I'm trying to have less cleanup for myself. Lots of new members and some probably have never read the rules.

The writeup is not currently for sale. Just a "feeler" at this time.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:43 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by black betty
the writeup is not currently for sale. Just a "feeler" at this time. :d
lol!!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Peyman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
lol!!!!!
x 2!!! hahaha
Old 10-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
thank you BB, hopefully we wont see any more 'feelers' or gauging interest, thinking of selling etc threads on here.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You know after this thread people will still continue the same bs lol You need to make the rules mandatory to read before you become a member!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Doggy
You know after this thread people will still continue the same bs lol You need to make the rules mandatory to read before you become a member!
The rules ARE mandatory to read for all members, some just don't.

If we continue to have issues the consequences have been outlined. I posted this as "fair warning" and to give everyone a heads up. If anyone wants to ignore it, so be it. It'll be dealt with.

I think just a reminder was needed for everyone because enforcement had been lacking on our end as staff. People tend to do whatever you let them get away with. I intend to tighten that up.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:19 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Thanks for the great write up BB!

I'm thinking, as soon as a member becomes classifieds-eligible, he/she should get a PM explaining those classifieds rules, let's see if I can get IB to do this
Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLWS Bb!!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Thanks for the great write up BB!

I'm thinking, as soon as a member becomes classifieds-eligible, he/she should get a PM explaining those classifieds rules, let's see if I can get IB to do this
Good luck with that Sam. While you're indulging your fantasies, could you also ask them to send an email reply when a new member registers that has links to the forum rules too?
Old 10-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
yes sir! :P
Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Bumping this because people don't read the stickies of each forum like they should.