Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Non-navigation streaming audio (I know...)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:32 AM
jibsta210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmefiniti
hi all... I am not sure but i think i have a good solution here. I posted this in the diy section:

attention those looking for a (proper) aux input for your 2012 infiniti g37 without nav!!!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-grom-box.html

hope this helps
just an update this works ont he 2013 g37 i just installed it!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:07 AM
andyourdone

2013 G37x Non-navigation, bose audio.

I am leasing a 2013 G37x Non-Navigation, bose audio. I'm looking for a simple way to tap into the XM radio wires for an auxiliary input.

It seems people were having issues with the volume being too low, so I went ahead and bought the Lepai LP-2020A+ from here:

Amazon.com: LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier with Power Supply: Electronics Amazon.com: LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier with Power Supply: Electronics

I went ahead and replaced the wall adapter with a 12V cigeratte lighter plug so I can use it my car.

I read the guides in post #26 (HERE) and posted (HERE) but decided I'd rather tap into the XM receiver located in the trunk (beneath the trunk mat and left-side plastic panel).

So far I assumed the wires were (RED = RH-) and (GREEN = RH+) and I tapped into those but don't hear anything yet. Am I wiring it wrong? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 06-22-2014, 10:36 PM
XPO382

I have a 2010 G37x Sedan. I love listening to music and have a lot of music on my iPod about 2k songs. I hate holding on the button to keep scrolling the songs. I was wondering if i got a USB to AUX will the car be able to read the device and i can operate the iPod manually instead through the dashboard? USB to 3.5mm Audio Headphone Jack Cable (Black) Will this cable work?
Old 07-10-2015, 06:45 AM
wankelrx8
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ushkand
That wont work - trust me I am in the exact same boat as you and have tried all options unsuccessfully and now resorted to Motorokr T505 - Bluetooth to FM transmitter. That's the closest we'll come to streaming wirelessly or wired from a non-iphone.
I found a wireless solution for those with Android phones. There is an app in the playstore called Bluetooth Mono Router that lets you play audio and music through the phone bluetooth connection in your car. It's not stereo, but if you're just looking for a way to play audio and don't care if it's mono, then this app is for you.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:51 PM
braboftw

any updates to what the best way of streaming music from your phone via either aux or bluetooth is?

I just bought a 2011 g37 XS . Amazing car. The no aux is so goofy. I'd like to play podcasts and stream music through spotify or the like.

Going to try the mono bluetooth thing above. sounds like a good way for podcasts since they are just talking but probably no good for music.

TTT
Old 11-06-2023, 09:58 AM
EhrenTheMan
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just did this mod over a decade later and it still worked! I only had one hiccup, which on my 2010 G37X (non-nav + Bose), the XM connector was completely different and had 3 pins on either side of the lock of the connector. it took awhile but i found a full FSM for the G37 (pm me here or on insta:@ehrenlampcov if you want it) and I found the pinout of it, which I will attach here. I joined the two ground connections and soldered the extension wires I soldered in to the Ground, Left, and Right leads of a female 3.5mm audio jack I bought on amazon. Im also going to run a 15 foot aux extender up to the center console where I can put a bluetooth adapter. Im not putting the Bluetooth adapter in the back for the sake of pairing a new device or finding power to tap into, but I am using an extension in the case that I change my mind and I don't want to do any more soldering.