Rim and tire sizes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM
PrinceValium

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rim and tire sizes?

Hi everyone...my wife has expressed interest in getting new rims and tires for her G37. I wanted to know if there was a rim/ tire size that would allow rotation of front to back...or will I always have to stay with narrower in front?

What is the popular tire/rims these days? If I were to change the rims to 20's (instead of 19's) are the better options? I don't want to spend a fortune...but want some rims and tires that look and perform well.

I realize that this question has been asked a billion times and I appologize for asking it again. I also know rims are personal taste...I just have no clue which ones will fit under the wheel wells right and sizes etc. I don't think I can afford Vossen rims are there any others some of you are using? Thanks everyone!

Last edited by PrinceValium; 01-02-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Iplcarbon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PV

Yes you can go with a non staggered set up...If you have Sport Large Brakes play a factor...I'm sure one of the guys here have done that? But really the Staggered look on the Rear! Now thats a G!
Non sport are usually the same all around...Sport IPL are staggered.
The issue of going from 19's to 20's are a cost factor...meaning 19's are more expensive on tires than 20's. 20's are more common and odd sizes 19-21-etc are $$$. 19's are doing better price wise and still its all on your taste and pocket book..
Yet another question is are you planning to lower her car?
Thats another factor...
Wheel spacers etc will be the last thing if need be...but really just look around.
Happy Modding!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
PrinceValium

Originally Posted by Iplcarbon
PV

Yes you can go with a non staggered set up...If you have Sport Large Brakes play a factor...I'm sure one of the guys here have done that? But really the Staggered look on the Rear! Now thats a G!
Non sport are usually the same all around...Sport IPL are staggered.
The issue of going from 19's to 20's are a cost factor...meaning 19's are more expensive on tires than 20's. 20's are more common and odd sizes 19-21-etc are $$$. 19's are doing better price wise and still its all on your taste and pocket book..
Yet another question is are you planning to lower her car?
Thats another factor...
Wheel spacers etc will be the last thing if need be...but really just look around.
Happy Modding!
No we have no plans to lower the car at all. Her car is the non sport coupe but the tires on the rear look wider. I will have to look at the sizes again. If she does go with 20's is there an easy way to do a speedo recalibration or adjustment? Also what would be a good choice on tires?...I think she has good year on it right now. Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Iplcarbon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if she has the Staggered set up already in 19's thats 8.5 front 9.5 rear....

I have 20's now yet with the tires I have Ive seen no adjustment on the speedometer. If there is its not much to notice...

Sent you a PM too check your inbox...

Tires is like the Rims PV...yet too where you live...I'm in CA I usually run Summer tires all year round ...yet too what you can afford...again its all your preference ...

And your welcome!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
I have two used sets of CV7s that will fit your car perfectly. Polished and Matte Graphite machined.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 PM
PrinceValium

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
I have two used sets of CV7s that will fit your car perfectly. Polished and Matte Graphite machined.
Can you pm me some pictures and a price? Ty!