Tire shop blunder

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Tire shop blunder

I went to get new tires today. When my car was done they handed me my keys and said, "You're all set". When I got in the car, it felt like they left a wrench below my floor mat, so I lifted it to look... NO, they jacked it up at the wrong point and smashed in my floorboard! Took it to the body shop... $1,392.21 and 3 days to fix it properly. Looks like any profit they made on selling me tires went straight to their insurance deductible. It's actually not that bad... they just need to push it back into place and reseal the seams, as there were no holes or anything.

I hope they have a corvette at the rental shop... since they're paying for it and all. (yeah, I know they probably don't, but the tire company reserved a "premium" vehicle for me for 7 days already).

I have an appointment tomorrow with Darin Nishimura at West End alignment that I will NOT miss... so the car will go to the shop Wednesday.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
wow, never heard of that happening before, I would be beyond pissed lol
Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 PM
gimpy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, thats a new one for me too. Must have been the guys first day, and I would think his last day. Hope it's fixed to your satisfaction.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Damn, rough luck MACS, at least they admitted it's on them
Curious to hear what the premium ride ends up being.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 PM
MACS

I know you guys don't know me, but as fellow car enthusiasts, you have to know my car is my baby. I'm not the type of guy to hold a grudge, but I do anger easily, and I normally don't hold it in... I blow the f*** up and two minutes later, I'm good. I just have to let it out.

The look on the kids face when I pointed it out, then that same look on the manager's face... I remained calm. I even told the guy "I am unusually calm right now. I haven't raised my voice and nobody is dead... lets just file a claim and get my car back the way it was".

They were so focused on making it right, they will get my business again.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:16 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by MACS

In the end that's all that matters. Glad to hear your baby will be fixed.

P.S. I'm the same way about my car too.

Unlike a girl your car will never cheat on you.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:05 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
which tire shop?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to hear you are getting repaired, but also sad that these days we expect people to make excuses or deny their mistakes.
And we get shocked when someone chooses to do the right thing.
Glad to hear it all worked out though.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
I went to get new tires today. When my car was done they handed me my keys and said, "You're all set". When I got in the car, it felt like they left a wrench below my floor mat, so I lifted it to look... NO, they jacked it up at the wrong point and smashed in my floorboard! Took it to the body shop... $1,392.21 and 3 days to fix it properly. Looks like any profit they made on selling me tires went straight to their insurance deductible. It's actually not that bad... they just need to push it back into place and reseal the seams, as there were no holes or anything.

I hope they have a corvette at the rental shop... since they're paying for it and all. (yeah, I know they probably don't, but the tire company reserved a "premium" vehicle for me for 7 days already).

I have an appointment tomorrow with Darin Nishimura at West End alignment that I will NOT miss... so the car will go to the shop Wednesday.
Sorry to hear about what happened

I replaced all four tires three times on my recently traded 06 G35 6sp.
Everytime I shopped for tires I found the dealer prices very close to independent shop prices so I purchased them at the dealer. I don't trust anyone but the dealer to do anything to my vehicle
Just sayin

Telcoman
Old 10-16-2012, 03:54 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by rlo
good to hear you are getting repaired, but also sad that these days we expect people to make excuses or deny their mistakes.
And we get shocked when someone chooses to do the right thing.
Glad to hear it all worked out though.
+1 .......
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 PM
MACS

They reserved a car at the local enterprise by the shop I chose. I just called them and they tried to put me in a Jeep Liberty. Um... no.

Horrible on gas and not a 'premium' vehicle IMO. If they're paying for something nice, I want something nice and all they had were SUV's and minivans. They're looking... I'm bringing my car to the shop tomorrow. I hope they at least have a Maxima, or maybe a Caddy. I'd settle for a Mustang over an SUV or frickin minivan.

Update: They gave me a brand new Dodge Challenger, white... only a V6 and it's a heavy beast so acceleration blows. After driving my car with KW's for over a year, it has a ridiculous amount of body roll in comparison.

Last edited by MACS; 10-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.