Wheel spacers F&R size difference?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 03:10 PM
simsrd
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Jon23, your pics and eibach configuration was very helpful with my eibach install last weekend. I also went with the H&R DRM 15mm spacers front and rear due to not wanting a too aggressive look.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
john91

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pauliewalnutzz
20F 25R End of discussion.

^^^^ this guy knows the deal
Old 09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by simsrd
Hey Jon23, your pics and eibach configuration was very helpful with my eibach install last weekend. I also went with the H&R DRM 15mm spacers front and rear due to not wanting a too aggressive look.
I'm glad my thread was of help! I recently bought a rear camber kit and will be getting the front kit soon. Once I get them all installed, I'll see if I decide to go with 20mm spacers for the front if needed. If that is the case, I'll then put my one set of 15mm up for sale.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 PM
simsrd
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jon23
I'm glad my thread was of help! I recently bought a rear camber kit and will be getting the front kit soon. Once I get them all installed, I'll see if I decide to go with 20mm spacers for the front if needed. If that is the case, I'll then put my one set of 15mm up for sale.
I didnt buy a front camber kit due to an eibach rep saying it was really needed for the prokit drop. Since you've been running this config, have you had a great deal of inner wear on your fronts or rears since the drop? I got my car aligned yesterday after a week of driving and the car drives fine. Curious to know???? My camber in the front is -1.6 for left and right.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:43 AM
memphis bleek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello to you

I read this topic and I am also interested to set up my vehicle with spacers
But I want the details for configuring tires please ...

225/45/19 and 245/40/19 are factory, what are the options please?

thank you
Old 09-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Dami55an

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got my eibach springs installed!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:56 PM
jon23

I didnt buy a front camber kit due to an eibach rep saying it was really needed for the prokit drop. Since you've been running this config, have you had a great deal of inner wear on your fronts or rears since the drop? I got my car aligned yesterday after a week of driving and the car drives fine. Curious to know???? My camber in the front is -1.6 for left and right.

I've been lowered on the Eibachs for a few months now and have not noticed any abnormal wear on the tires, but it might be too early to tell. I'm getting the camber kits to rectify the negative camber, I don't really like the way my wheels look like, that's all.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 PM
SamR

So its been a year now that I dropped my G, EIABACH 1.5 front/.9 rear and I started noticing some tire wear in the front after about 3k miles, rears where fine. I was sitting at -.6 camber and finally took it to the dealer and they where able to fix the problem without any other further mods. I was looking at kits but where ridiculously expensive, so dealer had a special balancing and alignment for $129.00..
Attached Images   

Last edited by SamR; 09-24-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
simsrd
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SamR
So its been a year now that I dropped my G, EIABACH 1.5 front/.9 rear and I started noticing some tire wear in the front after about 3k miles, rears where fine. I was sitting at -.6 camber and finally took it to the dealer and they where able to fix the problem without any other further mods. I was looking at kits but where ridiculously expensive, so dealer had a special balancing and alignment for $129.00..
Hey Sam, You mentioned that the dealer fixed the alignment issue with special balancing and alignment for $129. My dealer here quoted me $99 for the alignment but I settled for sears for $79.. I'm also sitting at -.6 in the front. What is your new alignment measurements after the dear fix? Is it close to factory specs?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 PM
SamR

Yea, I was sitting at the same as you. I went to sears cause they had a special as well but thats as close as they got it. So I took it to the dealer to get it balanced and aligned and now am sitting at factory specs. Call'em up and ask them.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 PM
SamR

Originally Posted by jon23
I've been lowered on the Eibachs for a few months now and have not noticed any abnormal wear on the tires, but it might be too early to tell. I'm getting the camber kits to rectify the negative camber, I don't really like the way my wheels look like, that's all.
Question... So looking for springs and I found 2 pairs/ 4 total hub-centric no name brand that I recognized for 129 shipped on ebay. You thinks its worth it? Or should I just go with the H&R
Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
SamR just go with H&R still has a decent firm ride... No name springs you're looking at probably ride horrible.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:50 PM
simsrd
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SamR
Yea, I was sitting at the same as you. I went to sears cause they had a special as well but thats as close as they got it. So I took it to the dealer to get it balanced and aligned and now am sitting at factory specs. Call'em up and ask them.
Dam, I should have went ahead and paid the dealer cost of $99 vs saving the $20 from sears.. I'll ride it out for a couple months..Thanks
Old 09-26-2012, 08:24 PM
SamR

Originally Posted by Nothin2Somethin
SamR just go with H&R still has a decent firm ride... No name springs you're looking at probably ride horrible.
Thanks, good enough for me then... Thats what I will do.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:26 PM
SamR

Dam, I should have went ahead and paid the dealer cost of $99 vs saving the $20 from sears.. I'll ride it out for a couple months..Thanks
Yea I was the same way, tried saving a little but in the end just ended up spending more. Ride it out, but the longer you wait the more damage your inner tire tred will get unless you are planning to change em out anyways..

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers F&R size difference?