Wheel spacers F&R size difference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your car looks sick with the drop. Nice flush stock look.
Are you using a camber kit? Were you able to get factory spec on your alignment? Any vibration on highway speeds?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
onehighfocus
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by craig sundt
i have journey all stock. thats 18s. dont like large diameter wheels. want to keep 18s and install spacers. would like to go with a fatter tire in rear. drop? no thanks. mn roads and dailly driver. any help would be great
Im with Craig on this here... any info/pics on spacers used for Stock Journey 18's?
Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
jon23

Sunn's G37, if the question was meant for me, I am not using a camber kit. I don't mind the look. The drop I got with the Eibachs is conservative, which was perfect for me as I didn't want to have to do anymore to the suspension while trying to get rid of the wheel gap. Alignment hasn't been an issue as far as pulling goes, funny thing is that I had gotten an alignment done just a few days before I dropped the car, since the dealer felt I needed one after the corrected my steering wheel position (it had been installed crooked after they replaced it under warranty).

I'll monitor the wear on the tires. I just got my car, so the tires are pretty new.

As far as vibration goes, I've taken it to almost 90mph (just to test the spacers, of course... ) and didn't feel any other-than-normal road feedback.

I love the way my car looks now, it looks more aggressive, like a completely different car. It even handles different...
Old 04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Gville37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jon23
Gville37, I chose to go with H&Rs. They are hubcentric and, for what I read, better than the ichibas, which are a lot cheaper. I bought the DRM type (they are bolt ons), and got them online for about 280 delivered. I had thought about the DRS type of spacer (you have to remove the discs and replace all studs for longer ones, that way they will hold both, the spacer and the wheel. Don't know whether the kit comes with longer studs or not) which is cheaper too, but it involved more work, and many forums members told me that the DRMs (bolt ons) are stable.
thanks for the help
Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jon23
Sunn's G37, if the question was meant for me, I am not using a camber kit. I don't mind the look. The drop I got with the Eibachs is conservative, which was perfect for me as I didn't want to have to do anymore to the suspension while trying to get rid of the wheel gap. Alignment hasn't been an issue as far as pulling goes, funny thing is that I had gotten an alignment done just a few days before I dropped the car, since the dealer felt I needed one after the corrected my steering wheel position (it had been installed crooked after they replaced it under warranty).

I'll monitor the wear on the tires. I just got my car, so the tires are pretty new.

As far as vibration goes, I've taken it to almost 90mph (just to test the spacers, of course... ) and didn't feel any other-than-normal road feedback.

I love the way my car looks now, it looks more aggressive, like a completely different car. It even handles different...
Thanks for the info bud ... much appreciate it
And your steering was basically off centre ... who ever did the last alignment job, messed up ... glad you had it fixed !!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:39 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunny's G37
Your car looks sick with the drop. Nice flush stock look.
Are you using a camber kit? Were you able to get factory spec on your alignment? Any vibration on highway speeds?
Me??
Yes, camber arms in the front, camber rods, and toe bolts in the rear.
Alignment is dead on stock spec.

No vibration at all, as I said I've exceeded 140MPH a few times.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Me??

Good to know that man.
I was actually referring to OP's car but just noticed yours and man it looks nice !! perfect stance for a stock look.
Yours is probably the best Eibach dropped G on the rear cause you did the spring cushion mod. Otherwise Eibach sits a bit high on the rear.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 PM
jon23

Me??

How's the installation of the camber equipment? Is it as simple as installing the springs? Or is there more to it?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:30 PM
NBE-ON'D
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
With stock tires 20MM is perfect, I did 15MM, but just wasnt enough, sold the 15s. stayed with 20s.
25MM is too rice with stock tires.

Below: Eibach drop with another 1/2" cut from the rear spring cushion.
15MM rear, 20MM front, but I have 275 and 245, causing a bigger stagger.
With that setup, my track front to rear is dead even.

Thanks for putting that post up, its exactly what I was looking for. Looks great too .
Old 05-19-2012, 01:13 PM
jmurbas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any sedan owners have spacers on their stock 18"s? I'm thinking 20mm all around but I thought I'd check to see if anyone had already done this and maybe had a pic?

I also just ordered my F/R camber kit after I lowered on Eibach PK so I want to have a nice, flush look.

Thanks guys.... (not sure if it matters, but I have a 09G37XS)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Maxime1979

Hey Guys i have a problem here!!! I installed Eibach prokit coil springs on stock shocks and installed Vossen CV3 deep concave wheels. At the beginning everything was awesome. But now i heard some squicky noise coming from the suspension. when i removed the rear wheels i noticed that my wheels were rubbing on the shock!!!!! Now i have to change all the shocks because i think they are done. I have no spacers because the wheels were almost flush everywhere. I dont have a camber kit. What should i do? nd wha kind of socks should i go with? Thanks to all!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:59 PM
onehighfocus
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxime1979
Hey Guys i have a problem here!!! I installed Eibach prokit coil springs on stock shocks and installed Vossen CV3 deep concave wheels. At the beginning everything was awesome. But now i heard some squicky noise coming from the suspension. when i removed the rear wheels i noticed that my wheels were rubbing on the shock!!!!! Now i have to change all the shocks because i think they are done. I have no spacers because the wheels were almost flush everywhere. I dont have a camber kit. What should i do? nd wha kind of socks should i go with? Thanks to all!

sounds like you need a spacer to push the rim out... only option unless you want to make your rims narrower some how
Old 05-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Tofst4uvette

When you install the rear spacers did you need to remove the rear axles to get the stud swapped out.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 PM
jon23

I chose to purchase the bolt-on type of spacer. I wanted to get the other type you are asking about, but did not want to add more work to the project, I was really excited to get those spacers in!

To Maxime1979, I had lowered my G with the Eibachs first and installed the spacers afterward. Well, when I took it to the shop to have the H&Rs installed, I noticed some rubbing on the shocks, I just cannot remember whether the rubbing was seen on the rear struts or the front, or both. Funny thing is, I never felt anything, and I'm glad they didn't break. Of course, I am on stock wheels, so that helped. Your Vossens are pretty wide, and you might just need a small spacer to help out, maybe a 5mm and a camber kit will do the trick...
Old 05-31-2012, 12:05 AM
scotty_g

What size spacers do you recommend for a sedan (lowered on springs) on stock coupe 19's with 245/40/19's all around? 10 or 15mm?

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers F&R size difference?