Ant good pics of a G37x w/ staggered wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:46 PM
timfactor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ant good pics of a G37x w/ staggered wheels?

Or any wheel setup with an X? i have search there just doesnt seem to be many X's out there with wheels on them
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Marc Collins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, you can't use a staggered set-up on an X.

I have some pics online here of my Rial wheels on a 2009 black G37XS, but for the life of me can't figure out how to insert them into a reply. The "Manage Attachments" pop-up only allows me to upload more, not access existing pics, even though I can see them from my control panel. I am not on the PC that has the originals.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
timfactor

Originally Posted by Marc Collins

I have some pics online here of my Rial wheels on a 2009 black G37XS, but for the life of me can't figure out how to insert them into a reply. The "Manage Attachments" pop-up only allows me to upload more, not access existing pics, even though I can see them from my control panel. I am not on the PC that has the originals.

I heard there are ways to run staggered but you have to be close in rolling mass i believe. If i knew it would be this hard to find wheels for this i wouldnt have bouth the X
Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well this is a big fat FALSE. OP, stay within ~3% rolling diameter and you'll be fine. I've 5k miles on my X and have had zero problems.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
timfactor

Originally Posted by OB G
Well this is a big fat FALSE. OP, stay within ~3% rolling diameter and you'll be fine. I've 5k miles on my X and have had zero problems.

Thats what i thought i read.... any pics?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I've got a coupe so obviously it'll look different. Check your PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Marc Collins

Originally Posted by OB G
Your dealer has confirmed that if you have any tranny or driveline issues you are still fully covered under warranty?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:18 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
there's always a small margin of free-play. goes for 2wd g37s sedans as well (diameter for purpose of tach). curious - you can do a staggered setup (width) but the DIAMETER has to be within that 3% different correct? the X's are rwd bias right?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
simonsez

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i ran 20x9 front, 20x10.5 rear on my AWD 12,000 miles zero problems.
tires were 245/35/20 & 285/30/20
Old 02-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Marc Collins

The issue of the tach vs. the electronics for the AWD system are far different. I agree that, in reality, as long as the rolling diameter is within a tight spec, there should not be a problem. However, you would only find out if there was after many more than 12K.

And more importantly, can the stealership/Infiniti use it as an excuse to void warranty? Check prices of AWD and tranny replacement parts if you want to understand the risk.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
timfactor

I think after hearing all this i will probably play it safe and go with standard fitment....
Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 PM
simonsez

it's fine. im running stagger again. just run the proper tire set up.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Marc Collins

Originally Posted by timfactor
I think after hearing all this i will probably play it safe and go with standard fitment....
There is an easy way to decide or to relieve your concern--ask dealer about warranty implications. If there aren't any, then go for it! It obviously looks better with the stagger.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
IgS

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There is an easy way to decide or to relieve your concern--ask dealer about warranty implications. If there aren't any, then go for it! It obviously looks better with the stagger.
Lets say you do have an issue because of the staggered setup, why in the world would you tell your dealer that??? Put on the stock wheels before you take it there.. duh.

Also, dealership advice is probably some of the worst advice to go by. I wont be surprised if you get different answers from different dealers. You will be surprised how many techs have enough knowledge to do their job, but have absolutely no specific knowledge when it comes to a specific car and how it functions.

As far as I know there are many people on the forums running a staggered setup on their cars and NOT A SINGLE ONE has reported any problems as of yet. I have an X and will be going staggered come warmer weather.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
simonsez

Originally Posted by IgS
Lets say you do have an issue because of the staggered setup, why in the world would you tell your dealer that??? Put on the stock wheels before you take it there.. duh.

Also, dealership advice is probably some of the worst advice to go by. I wont be surprised if you get different answers from different dealers. You will be surprised how many techs have enough knowledge to do their job, but have absolutely no specific knowledge when it comes to a specific car and how it functions.

As far as I know there are many people on the forums running a staggered setup on their cars and NOT A SINGLE ONE has reported any problems as of yet. I have an X and will be going staggered come warmer weather.
exactly!
i've never heard of AWD system going wacko with proper stagger set up.

Quick Reply: Ant good pics of a G37x w/ staggered wheels?