Black Rims with Chrome Lip - Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:29 PM
BOA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black Rims with Chrome Lip - Any ideas?

OK I got inspired by this car http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2311/...46f76096_b.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3034/...994f55aa_b.jpg I decided to go with the black look but also definitely want some chrome. This car made up my mind for me.

I had always wanted to do it but just didn't know how it would look. I've been trying to find site that I can use to try out different rims on my G but most of them don't have the car and if they do it's not black.

Do any of you know a site that has the car configurator with a black G? I love the deep dish or lip and looking for a style like this Strip Alloy Wheels in gunmetal and gloss black by TSW Custom Alloy Wheels| TSWalloywheels.com The one I've seen on the car is gunmetal. When they say mirror lip is that chrome? Not sure what the mirror lip means.

Any suggestions would be great; looking for 19's and it's a 2010 G37 sport coupe.

UPDATE: I'm feeling these Savini wheels. Anyone seen any of them on a G37? Wish I could see it installed!
Attached Thumbnails Black Rims with Chrome Lip - Any ideas?-black-vet-front.jpg   Black Rims with Chrome Lip - Any ideas?-black-vet-side.jpg   Black Rims with Chrome Lip - Any ideas?-savini.jpg   Black Rims with Chrome Lip - Any ideas?-savini3.jpg   Black Rims with Chrome Lip - Any ideas?-savini23.jpg  

Last edited by BOA; 10-19-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:36 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Usually that means polished, not chrome. I wouldn't get chrome anyways, it is WAY heavier than polished.

And I also wouldn't suggest getting 19's with black on black. Having a black face wheel on a black car makes the wheels look smaller than they are, and so 19's will look tiny.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:47 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Check out Volk Racing wheels. They have an incredible lineup of quality wheels featuring timeless designs

Heres mine:

Old 10-18-2010, 10:12 PM
BOA

Damn those are some serious deep lips. Looks really nice on your car. I've come to appreciate the black rims with the chrome on a black car. My 08 was silver so the chrome fit well but I'm liking the black with the right amount of chrome. I'll check out that site.

Thanks for replying; your car is nice.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:16 PM
BOA

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Usually that means polished, not chrome. I wouldn't get chrome anyways, it is WAY heavier than polished.

And I also wouldn't suggest getting 19's with black on black. Having a black face wheel on a black car makes the wheels look smaller than they are, and so 19's will look tiny.
Thanks man; when you say heavier what do you mean? Good point on the size I didn't even think of it and didn't know it would make a difference. I'm really looking at 19's because I don't want to buy tires! Rather put the money into a quality wheel. And plus I would want the best tires which will cost me a ton.

Thanks again
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BOA
Thanks man; when you say heavier what do you mean? Good point on the size I didn't even think of it and didn't know it would make a difference. I'm really looking at 19's because I don't want to buy tires! Rather put the money into a quality wheel. And plus I would want the best tires which will cost me a ton.

Thanks again
lol exactly what I said...chrome weighs much more. having something chromed makes it much heavier than just polished. I would venture to guess that identical sets of wheels would be up to 10 lbs or so heavier if they were chromed vs just polished, maybe more

honestly, I think going with 20's is worth it. Yes, you will spend an additional $700 or so on new tires...I was in the same boat as you, I originally wanted 19's and I finally decided on 20's and I have been so happy that I did. It makes the G look a lot better IMO. I couldn't believe the difference 1 inch made

also, like ^Tomie^ said, Volk is an awesome wheel. So is iForged. they are both very high quality and have some awesome designs
Old 10-18-2010, 11:03 PM
BOA

lol exactly what I said...chrome weighs much more. having something chromed makes it much heavier than just polished. I would venture to guess that identical sets of wheels would be up to 10 lbs or so heavier if they were chromed vs just polished, maybe more

honestly, I think going with 20's is worth it. Yes, you will spend an additional $700 or so on new tires...I was in the same boat as you, I originally wanted 19's and I finally decided on 20's and I have been so happy that I did. It makes the G look a lot better IMO. I couldn't believe the difference 1 inch made

also, like ^Tomie^ said, Volk is an awesome wheel. So is iForged. they are both very high quality and have some awesome designs
Thanks! Did you get a one piece or forged? Got pix of your car to show your rims?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 AM
black_sedan
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got the TSW Jaramas in black on my Blue Slate sedan.... Im not crazy about the black on blue slate, but it works for now.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 AM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TomieG
Check out Volk Racing wheels. They have an incredible lineup of quality wheels featuring timeless designs

Heres mine:

What are the specs on your set up? It looks really clean. Wheel & tire type and sizes, camber/ toe adjustments, spacers, lugs, etc? Also what are you lowered with? Springs or coil overs?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
*** G37s Vossen Teaser VIDEO *** & Full Photo Shoot *** Check it out
Infiniti G37s lowered on 20x9 / 20x10.5 Vossen Concave VVS-CV1. (Matte Black Machined)
Also make sure to check out the TEASER VIDEO: YouTube - Infiniti G37 on 20" Vossen VVS-CV1 Concave Wheels Rims
Let me know what you guys think.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BOA
Thanks! Did you get a one piece or forged? Got pix of your car to show your rims?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:02 PM
PQ16

sick ride!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
BOA

Nice ride! I'm looking for rims with DEEP Lips. I can't seem to find one I really like. I like the TSW Strip one but it's not chrome and I want chrome. Yeah I know the forum is not a big fan of chrome but I like some chrome. I wish I could see the mirror or polished in person to decide. I'm getting tired of shopping for Rims lol!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:16 AM
4drScreamer

Your ride is sick! What is your setup - rims & tires? Are you on springs or coil overs? Any camber adjustment?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:36 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Your ride is sick! What is your setup - rims & tires? Are you on springs or coil overs? Any camber adjustment?
Thanks, they are iForged Forza's (+32, 20x8.5/20x10) wrapped in Yokohama S.Drive's (245/35 and 275/30). In those pics I was on Eibachs but now I am running KW V3 coilovers so I am a little bit lower now.

And I've never had a camber kit and don't plan to it's not needed

Quick Reply: Black Rims with Chrome Lip - Any ideas?