Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:48 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xlack
Here.

the most aggressive offset on a G37. +22 all around
+22's will clear the sport calipers? that is freaking sweet.. i wish i knew i could have done that. +35 and +37 seem so lame now.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:13 PM
w0ady

^looks like sport calipers/bumper on there. rear has a bit of negative camber but otherwise looks fine. tires even seem normal.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by w0ady
aggressived and stretched are NOT the same. aggressive simply refers to how much gap you have with whatever tires. stretched looks cool and is big with a lot of the cali guys but for someone like me who drives the car pretty hard, less tire is absolutely the last thing i would do. so personally what i want from an aggressive setup is a low drop, wide tires and minimal gap between my fenders. people seem to get all nutsed up about this topic without knowing whats up...
I'm not expert but from what I know, aggressive means super low offsets (even negative) + super wide wheels like 11", 11.5".. which makes the wheels poke out past the fenders. Which also makes hella flush setups look weak..

I don't think it has anything to do with narrow/wide tires or how low the car is. I also agree with you where stretched tires are for VIP and is not the same as aggressive.

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
+22's will clear the sport calipers? that is freaking sweet.. i wish i knew i could have done that. +35 and +37 seem so lame now.
I don't think you want to run +22 with those wheels.. u see how it's poking pass the fenders? that means every driveway u go to will rub ur fenders like crazy and possibly breaking them, as well as with every dip and bump, I don't know how you can drive around town like that. Though it looks helllaaaa sick of course.

i have +35 +37 on a 10.5 also and it's pretty darn flushed.. and I like it to know that I don't have rubbing issues is an added bonus too
Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xlack
I'm not expert but from what I know, aggressive means super low offsets (even negative) + super wide wheels like 11", 11.5".. which makes the wheels poke out past the fenders. Which also makes hella flush setups look weak..

I don't think it has anything to do with narrow/wide tires or how low the car is. I also agree with you where stretched tires are for VIP and is not the same as aggressive.
youre kinda contradicting yourself. As i agree with the first part, the 2nd part is contradictory.

If youre running stupid low offsets on wide a s s wheels, you gotta stretch the tires in order to tuck into the fender.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:21 AM
silverg35sport

^ true that
Old 06-08-2009, 04:06 AM
STOOF

I think the misunderstanding here is that i guess theres 2 diff kinds of aggressive. Performance aggressive, and looks aggressive(?)

performance aggressive would be stuffing that 305 tire into our rear wheel well.

whereas looks aggressive would be poking those wheels out as far as you can while still getting the tire to tuck behind the fender.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by silverg35sport
^ thats my buddies car. probably the best offsets thus far on a g35
LOL! Well your buddy needs wider tires, the rims stick out past the tires lip. Not worth that stretched look if those are 285s.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:57 PM
nogoodname
Banned

^^ but thats the points.....wide rims...small tires....lol......= ugly
Old 06-08-2009, 03:02 PM
pfizzle

I am still up in the air on going stretched. I am pretty agressive on my set up right now.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:13 PM
STOOF

Everyone has their own tastes.

I can see that many ppl on this board arent into this style...yet.

I wasnt either when i first saw it. But after awhile it began to grow on me and now I LOVE IT.

It was the same way with the 37, when it first came out i hated it. then after awhile it grew on me and now I LOVE IT.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:16 PM
pfizzle

Originally Posted by STOOF
Everyone has their own tastes.

I can see that many ppl on this board arent into this style...yet.

I wasnt at first either when i first saw it. But after awhile it began to grow on me and now I LOVE IT.

It was the same way with the 37, when i first came out i hated it. then after awhile it grew on me and now i LOVE IT.
Dont get me wrong, I love the look. I also love the 305 look :biggthumpup
Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
STOOF

Dont get me wrong either. Nothing makes me go from 6 to midnight more than a set of fat **** 345s on the back.

I like both looks.

I just think to be putting that size tire on the back you need to have the power to back it up, otherwise its just overkill, and IMHO i dont think this car is puttin down that kind of power stock. JMHO.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
xlack
Registered Member

youre kinda contradicting yourself. As i agree with the first part, the 2nd part is contradictory.

If youre running stupid low offsets on wide a s s wheels, you gotta stretch the tires in order to tuck into the fender.
i went to a GTG last sat and one 350z was running 11.5" rims and his tires were sitting past the fenders.. he didn't even bother to tuck his tires in.. he's lowered but not slammed. thats mad crazy
Old 06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
STOOF

i think tires sticking out past the fenders and not being able to tuck into the fender is disgusting.

Makes me think of those hondas that have their wheels sticking out 2" past the fender.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Dont get me wrong either. Nothing makes me go from 6 to midnight more than a set of fat **** 345s on the back.

I like both looks.

I just think to be putting that size tire on the back you need to have the power to back it up, otherwise its just overkill, and IMHO i dont think this car is puttin down that kind of power stock. JMHO.
another point to add is those 305 are mad money.. if "u" have a deep wallet then good for "u" (not refering to you)

Quick Reply: Official Low Offset/Hellaflush Thread