West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Park Place Infiniti Las Vegas....HORRIBLE

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 04:38 PM
pheonix75

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Park Place Infiniti Las Vegas....HORRIBLE

Heres my nightmare post...sorry its such a long read...I just want everyone to be aware and be warned.....
On 3/27/2014 I was in a car accident in my 2010 G37s Convertible in Las Vegas. The car was only drivable back to my hotel because of the severity of the front end damage. The car could only be repaired in Las Vegas as my insurance would not pay to have it towed back to Southern California to be repaired. I was hesitant about leaving my car in Vegas. The next day, I contacted Park Place Infiniti, inquiring about a reputable body shop they could recommend. Surprisingly, they told me that they had an on-grounds auto body repair facility that could handle the repairs. I felt much better knowing my car was going to be in the hands of an Infiniti dealer/service facility. After having the car towed to them on 3/28/2014 I flew back home to Southern California. The damage was to the front bumper/hood/front quarter panels, etc. In addition the top was down during the impact and had been damaged as well. I kept in constant contact with the body shop representative, Catie Rogers, letting her know that I wanted it done right, and she kept reassuring me that it would be in as good of condition as it was before the accident. I even spoke with the body shop technician, Jose, advising him of all of my concerns and the collision shop manager, Charles. I told them to take their time; my main priority was having the car repaired properly.

On 5/15/2014 I was notified by Catie Rogers that all of the repairs were complete. I flew out on 5/22/2014, upon arrival to the airport the Infiniti representative picked me up at the airport, he said they hadn’t had a chance to wash my car and have it ready..this is where it took a turn. They have had my car almost two months at this point and couldn’t have the car washed and ready for me to go? As I approached the car, I immediately noticed that the body panel adjacent to the driver’s side windshield was askew. I began by inspecting the front bumper first, since this was where the most damage was done. I immediately found 5 chips in the paint, on a brand new painted bumper?! Inspecting the passenger side front fender, there were more chips and even fish-eye spots where the paint had not adhered. I opened the passenger door and saw overspray on the door rubber! I moved to the driver’s side and saw huge amounts of overspray on the door rubber as well, the rubber around the askew body panel was painted as well. During this inspection I was alone, finally Catie stepped out and asked what I thought…..I started pointing out the issues and asked for the manager. She went and got Jose, the body shop technician, and I began pointing out the issues to him. I asked him to pop the hood so I could inspect the inside of the fenders. This is where my mouth hit the floor. First the engine compartment had not been cleaned since the accident, there were radiator fluid markings all over the engine compartment, the washer reservoir was hanging there, not clipped to the car, lid flipped open and empty.Then I was really taken aback, on the driver’s side fender edge that runs along the hood, all of the paint was FLAKING, yes FLAKING off, I ran my hand across it and had paint chips all on my hand. The black panel was completely exposed, as if they didn’t prep or even spray primer before painting. Catie kept saying the manager was busy and on the phone.

Catie ran off to speak to someone regarding these issues. While waiting, I grabbed one of the salespeople and asked him to come over and look at my car. Catie returned, Jose was there and I asked the salesperson if he would sell my car…he said “not in this condition” Catie said we will give you a loaner car and have your car delivered to you in California…I asked to see the manager, she said he was still busy….The hustled me over to the loaner car area and had me sign the paperwork , I just wanted to get out of there before I flipped out on them. The manager, Charles, still had not come out to speak with me. I hopped out of my car and sure enough it was Charles the body shop manager looking at my car. He couldn’t come and talk to me in person?? So, I asked him what in the world was the deal with my car looking like this, he started to blame the paint guy and say it was unacceptable. I told him this was completely unacceptable and he agreed saying it would be completely taken care of and I would be taken care of. I still was in complete shock over this.

After driving 4 hours home, I called the shop and spoke to Catie again, saying how unbelievable this was and how could they as an Infiniti dealer present a car in that condition to someone? She said they were sorry and would have it taken care of. This was on Thursday May 22nd, then the next day I got a call around 6pm that they were going to deliver the car to my house on Saturday May 24th. I asked the man who was calling if the car was good, did he personally inspect it, were they going to make sure it was topped off with gas? (since when I dropped it off at the dealer it was full). I asked them to deliver it to my Mission Viejo Infiniti to be inspected; I needed another set of eyes on the car.My service advisor in Mission Viejo called to let me know that my car had arrived and the guys who brought it were in a hurry to leave. I told him that I would be there soon. Upon arriving, Jerry and a couple from the service department had the hood open and were inspecting the car. From the outside everything looked good, the paint looked much better, the overspray was all removed. The engine compartment was all detailed and extra shiny. The delivery guys were in a hurry to leave and asked for the key to the loaner car. They asked for the insurance checks and my deductible, and were out of there before you could know it. Once they had left I got in the car to drive it home and noticed they delivered it with less than half a tank of gas, really??After all of this?
Sadly this was not the end of it, the remote does not work for the passenger or driver’s side mirrors. the cruise control does not work and the top is rattling like crazy. Because of the Memorial Day holiday I have to wait until Tuesday May 27. I call Catie and advise her of my issues, oh and on the back seat of the car was boxes full of old parts from their repairs, old seatbelts, seatcover, and they couldn’t vacuum it or clean all of the body shop dust from it first? This is her reply, “We are going to send someone to pick the car up and leave you a loaner car..” my reply is, “you are going to have it taken to an Infiniti dealer locally?” Catie says“no we will bring it back to Vegas and then drive it back to you after the repairs.” Yeah there goes my mouth on the floor again. I told her sternly that you will not be taking my car, I will be dropping it off at my Mission Viejo Infiniti, whom I trust, and you will take care of the payments/insurance issues through them. Catie says “let me check with my manager”…”ok fine have the dealership contact us.” Next I speak with the Park Place manager Charles about these issues. He had the nerve to say the mirrors worked fine before they brought it to me, and they wouldn’t know about the cruise control because they never tested it. Oh, and the gas issue, he said they filled it up in California at some point....and his guys swore it was completely full, so I must have been wrong. I asked him for the receipt of where they filled up my car and he said they had submitted it to billing and didn’t have it anymore?! He assured me that they would make sure to have everything taken care of. I then arrange to have drop my car off at Mission Viejo Infiniti on May 29th. My service advisor calls and lets me know that the cruise control switch at the brake pedal was damaged from the accident, the mirror control in the door was never reconnected and the top was never realigned, is missing some grommets and the top when retracted has re-dented the roof. He contacted Park Place Infiniti and told him of the issues, they said they would only pay to have the switch reconnected for the mirrors and everything else needed to be handled myself and my insurance.
Finally at this point on June 5th 2014 I decided to contact Infiniti America Consumer Affairs, they take my report and are completely flabbergasted by all that I have been through. They notify me that they are going to contact Park Place Infiniti and attempt to resolve the issues.It is now June 12th and my service advisor spoke to me letting me know that Park Place is refusing now to cooperate because of my contacting Infiniti Consumer Affairs. In fact my representative at Consumer Affairs notified me that it has been 5 days they have been trying to get in touch with the Service Department Manager at Park Place and they have not received a call back.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:27 PM
pheonix75

Sadly my story isnt over, Im trading in my G...for another one that Park Place hasnt touched. They never repaired the roof properly, causing the hinges to be damaged and redenting the roof. State Farm is paying 14,000 for the repairs and Im just putting it towards a new G. Thursday I pick up my new car, its so sad that a company like Infiniti is represented by incompetant franchises that have no place selling or reparing our cars! Corporate has kicked me down a couple of hundred bucks in credit since I have been dealing with all of this....I wish they could have just fixed it right the first time.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:04 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
sorry to hear your troubles and more power to you that youre willing to stay in the infiniti family even after all of this

but at least you got Infiniti America Consumer Affairs to help you thats alot farther than some of us have gotten
The following users liked this post:
pheonix75 (07-09-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 07:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
That sucks, I bought my 09 from Towbin Infiniti (which was the previous name of ParkPlace) and they pulled a shady deal on me too, find out during a Carfax check that it was owned (for 120 miles) prior to my purchase. It was sold to me as a new car so I "assumed" the Carfax would be clean.
Scumballs
The following users liked this post:
pheonix75 (07-09-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 03:30 PM
glennp_2012

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
What's really sad is that Park Place Infiniti is the only dealer in the greater Las Vegas area. I will surely have my car service in Cali when the time comes I don't even want to visit this dealer now.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:35 PM
pheonix75

Originally Posted by glennp_2012
What's really sad is that Park Place Infiniti is the only dealer in the greater Las Vegas area. I will surely have my car service in Cali when the time comes I don't even want to visit this dealer now.
Yeah, thats a total bummer. I cant believe all that I went through. There were no negative reviews on the place when I initially had taken it there, and then while my car was there, they all started popping up. I guess its because they have a new name now, none of their previous awful reviews showed up. I wish Infiniti Corporate would penalize them or strip them of the Infiniti brand.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:55 PM
g37_kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard so many bad things about Park Place, especially after new owner-ship. That's why I always stick with Findlays. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.