My G37 sedan w/short ram intakes, Berks HFCs and OBX(grip) exahaust pics/vids

Old 06-22-2018, 09:57 PM
strodda
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
My G37 sedan w/short ram intakes, Berks HFCs and OBX(grip) exahaust pics/vids

First, videos are to come. I was able to get this catback for $609 shipped with the help of an eBay seller discounting the exhaust on top of ebay having a 30% promo code for father's day, so I gifted myself. Installed it last Saturday, FD eve

I have not had an exhaust few a about 5 years, last being a Tanabe catback on my old TL-S... so I knew it would take a little getting used to again. Of course, at WOT the VQ and this exhaust sound orgasmic(or just really really nice) if you prefer Cruising on the highway at any constant speed gives way to very little drone at all, actually a surprising lack of drone(no complaint)... especially considering I already have the Berks, I wasnt sure what to expect. It is fairly standard on exhausts, but since I have a 7AT, the only slight minus is the very deep tone/drone, whatever you want to call it that occurs below 2k, an RPM which Im sure we rarely live in. But it does happen under slight acceleration before the car decides to downshift.

Here are the pics. Also, once last thing, fitment was perfect with zero hanger modding needed. It currently sits exactly how it was after bolts were tightened.

Out with the old

In with the new

The following users liked this post:
Pato A. Vidal (04-26-2021)
Old 06-25-2018, 05:01 PM
strodda
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
OK, here is a video I took of my drive home from the post office. Nothing too exciting, but I tried to give it some gas and do a couple 3>2 downshifts so you can get a good feel for how it sounds. One of the nice things about this exhaust is while cruising at any constant speed, the exhaust is damn near silent. And to reiterate, I also have shortram intakes and Berks HFC's installed.

I will get a cold start and rev video up whenever I remember to park tips-out from the garage.
The following users liked this post:
Pato A. Vidal (04-26-2021)