Newbie 2010 G37 Sedan Sport 6spd - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > MyG37.com > Newbie Corner
Reload this Page >

Newbie 2010 G37 Sedan Sport 6spd

Notices
Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Newbie 2010 G37 Sedan Sport 6spd

Reply

 
 
 
Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 PM
  #1  
zbaier
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie 2010 G37 Sedan Sport 6spd

Hello everyone!
I'm new to Infiniti, mostly had Acura's and Mitsu's before but when I drove this G37 I was hooked. I'm from Columbus, Ohio (anybody else out there live around here?) and the car was in Georgia for most of its life. These pictures are from just a few weeks ago right after I bought the car. The wheels are 18x10 Option Lab (cheap wheels but I do have the stock wheels too) all the way around and I'm putting on some 255/45 all the way around Michelin 4S tires tomorrow, super excited for that. Other than that, the car has slotted and drilled rotors with what appears to be the stock sport calipers painted red (let me know if you think they are actually Akebonos). No engine mods but it does have a custom carbon fiber steering wheel which is really nice and has great hand grips.

I'm going to be replacing literally all the fluids, spark plugs, and cleaning the throttle bodies here in the next few weeks. Let me know what you guys think about the car! The clutch seems to engage super high and I've already seen the thread on here about adjusting the pedal so we'll see how that goes. I've also tested the clutch by doing a 6th gear pull at about 65 and it doesn't slip yet but 1st gear seems to take a bit to engage. Not sure if that's just how it is since its a bigger car?

Any other newbie tips are welcome and I'm excited to be part of the Infiniti community!





zbaier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:35 PM
  #2  
slartibartfast
Super Moderator
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 3,878
Thanked 418 Times in 374 Posts
Welcome! Yep, those are the Akebonos. Looks like previous owner replaced the Infiniti decals with Akebono decals when the calipers were painted.

Looks good!
slartibartfast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:42 PM
  #3  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 24,115
Thanked 4,645 Times in 3,951 Posts
Welcome to the site, congrats on finding a 6spd sedan, all 6MT G37s have the Akebonos FWIW. Wheels look good w/ that body color. Any plans to lower your G, would be a nice look IMO.
blnewt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:10 AM
  #4  
zbaier
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
Welcome! Yep, those are the Akebonos. Looks like previous owner replaced the Infiniti decals with Akebono decals when the calipers were painted.

Looks good!
Awesome, thanks for confirming! They grip really well. Whatever pads are on there are super dusty though. Have you had any experience with ebc red stuff or hawk pads
zbaier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:59 AM
  #5  
zbaier
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
Welcome to the site, congrats on finding a 6spd sedan, all 6MT G37s have the Akebonos FWIW. Wheels look good w/ that body color. Any plans to lower your G, would be a nice look IMO.
Thanks a lot! I read a lot of your advice on the wheel and tire thread btw, you seem to know your stuff haha That's how I knew to try and fit my size tires I picked out.

I think for the time being I'm going to stay stock suspension just cause I daily it. I would interested to know how much of a ride difference there is between stock and aftermarket coilovers. I wouldn't be slammed at all, just a few inches lower.
zbaier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM
  #6  
JoMiCo
Registered User
 
JoMiCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! I love that color on the sedan, I've never seen the combo of the red calipers with it but it is a nice touch! Congrats on finding a 6mt sedan!
JoMiCo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:58 AM
  #7  
r2dmax
Registered User
 
r2dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC from OH thru VA
Posts: 706
Thanked 63 Times in 57 Posts
Nice sedan! I'm from Cleveland. Good you bought a Southern car though. Is that Smoky Quartz? I like the wheel but IMO would look better lowered. I'm not a slammed car fan, but nicely lowered, yes.

If you look at the Tein Street Basis Z coilovers they seem to ride better than stock. I picked mine up but haven't had time to install them. Under $500 makes it worth it unless you need to adjust rebound and other things
r2dmax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:53 PM
  #8  
slartibartfast
Super Moderator
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 3,878
Thanked 418 Times in 374 Posts
I just put coil-overs on my sedan. I went with MeisterR ZetaCRD having 10k/8k rates. Those rates are not much more than stock. The ride has become cushy compared to the stock S springs and dampers. Even at full stiff, the ride less jiggly. Your kidneys feel the bigger bumps, though. Look at my write-up in the Review forum for before-and-after photos. I am limited by my mufflers and driveway on max drop.
slartibartfast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:56 PM
  #9  
PKG307
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks nice! The wheels go well with the color of the car.
PKG307 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:43 AM
  #10  
zbaier
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r2dmax View Post
Nice sedan! I'm from Cleveland. Good you bought a Southern car though. Is that Smoky Quartz? I like the wheel but IMO would look better lowered. I'm not a slammed car fan, but nicely lowered, yes.

If you look at the Tein Street Basis Z coilovers they seem to ride better than stock. I picked mine up but haven't had time to install them. Under $500 makes it worth it unless you need to adjust rebound and other things

Yes it is smoky quartz! I've had cars with pretty stiff stock and aftermarket suspension in the past and the feel of this suspension is great. Firm but also cushy you know? I've always liked Tein as well so I will definitely keep them on my list. I'll post a pic with the new tires I just got, let me know what you think!
zbaier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:56 AM
  #11  
zbaier
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zbaier View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm new to Infiniti, mostly had Acura's and Mitsu's before but when I drove this G37 I was hooked. I'm from Columbus, Ohio (anybody else out there live around here?) and the car was in Georgia for most of its life. These pictures are from just a few weeks ago right after I bought the car. The wheels are 18x10 Option Lab (cheap wheels but I do have the stock wheels too) all the way around and I'm putting on some 255/45 all the way around Michelin 4S tires tomorrow, super excited for that. Other than that, the car has slotted and drilled rotors with what appears to be the stock sport calipers painted red (let me know if you think they are actually Akebonos). No engine mods but it does have a custom carbon fiber steering wheel which is really nice and has great hand grips.

I'm going to be replacing literally all the fluids, spark plugs, and cleaning the throttle bodies here in the next few weeks. Let me know what you guys think about the car! The clutch seems to engage super high and I've already seen the thread on here about adjusting the pedal so we'll see how that goes. I've also tested the clutch by doing a 6th gear pull at about 65 and it doesn't slip yet but 1st gear seems to take a bit to engage. Not sure if that's just how it is since its a bigger car?

Any other newbie tips are welcome and I'm excited to be part of the Infiniti community!





I've had the flu for a few days but finally got a picture of the car with new rubber! The front still has a wheel gap but overall I think these tires look awesome
zbaier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:21 AM
  #12  
r2dmax
Registered User
 
r2dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC from OH thru VA
Posts: 706
Thanked 63 Times in 57 Posts
Already liked the wheel choice, and now it looks MUCH better with the meat on the tires... NICE!! Mine is Smoky Quartz too. It isn't a popular color for enthusiasts but it's grown on me. If I ever install all that I have in the garage for it, I might fall in love with it... lol

Keep modding and enjoy the drive!
r2dmax is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to r2dmax For This Useful Post:
zbaier (05-22-2018)
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Jairo38
Newbie Corner
5
01-25-2018 03:39 PM
4DRZ
Engine, Intake and Exhaust
12
05-18-2017 11:25 AM
4DRZ
Newbie Corner
9
09-22-2015 11:11 PM
07 Ivory Pearl
Picture Share G Sedan
5
08-08-2013 03:37 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie 2010 G37 Sedan Sport 6spd


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.