Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Disappointed with Vossen

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Domate
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Why suggest closing the thread? There are some good points made here about ensuring items are in stock prior to ordering. I happen to agree with those sentiments and it may help someone 'down the road' (no pun intended).

Originally Posted by eljoker
Lets close thread before we get side tracked and off topic. Looks like OP and Vossen are in communications now. OP good luck, im sure mike@Vossen wont let you down.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Is there possibly a custom color you would be interested in? Maybe they can get you the silver and powder coat them for your troubles.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
This is exactly why we recommend authorized dealers. OP I'm very sorry this problem occurred amd I will do everything in my power to diffuse this situation. Check your PM as myself and Mike will stay in communication through this. OP I sent you a list of authorized vendors for future reference so this don't happen again, we would love to keep your Buisness as we will ensure these incidents will be avoided. Dealers are required to inform customers about stock levels or delays etc...

Please anyone interested in Vossen Wheels we encourage you to contact us to locate Authorized dealers in your area. Mike hope you bare with us as we will stay on top of this. Thanks again for choosing Vossen Wheels.

Last edited by Diego@Vossen; 04-17-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:58 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Ontario G37S
Some of you already know I've been waiting for my set of Vossen CV3 matt graphite rims for some time now.

At first, after I made a considerable down payment on March 10th and was told it should take a week to get the rims in, the story changed a day later that they won't be in until the end of April at the latest. I was pretty much stuck at that point and decided to reserve judgement.

Things started to look bright when I inquired about the status the other day and was told they could be in this Wednesday, but they need to confirm. Well, my worst fear has come true.

This is the email I got today about the status of my rims...

"just got contacted back from Vossen and they said that did not have enough to fill back order so now end of may Im working them as we speak. I will try to make it happen"

Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm supposed to drive on my winter rims and tires until the end of May, and what if they pull this **** again? So I wrote back, and I got another reply later on...

Just got off the phone with VOssen Canadian wholesaler and Vossen did not recieve enough wheels in the gun metal but they will give us a set of of silvers and we can have them in 5 to 7 days or the gun metal one are till end of may. The back orders are brutal this year.

Mike
UP INC

So really at this point after putting a non refundable deposit for an order and selling my mint summer rims, now I'm basically put in a difficult position to take another colour rim which I prefer not to, or else wait for the end of May, in which like I said before, what if they pull this **** again? So much for customer service, take it or leave it basically with an ultimatum.

Yeah I could blame the store I bought it at, but they go by what the wholesale place says, then its up to Vossen to fill the order whether or not they are an authorized dealer as they still get that money from the wholeseller since Vossen is not a direct seller to the public (at least in Canada). So Vossen doesn't fill the back orders in Canada and probably some big box store in the US received a good unsold stock instead (just hearsay, but probably right).

I will give kudos to member VossenWheels to help me out with the ETA before this kick in the groin today, however I sent Mike@Vossen a PM today and haven't heard anything yet.

So yes this is a rant, I'm beyond peeved, and I need to get this off my chest as before I was ok with waiting for end of April believing my order would be filled, but this is ridiculous to wait until the end of May in which my winter tires will be ****ed. The moral of the story is if the store doesn't have it in stock, walk away.

At this point, I really don't know what to do...

Sorry man. We could have worked on a deal for my rims if I didn't go back to college!!!

Good luck with everything. Personally, I'd wait it out if possible. You won't be pleased with another color you don't like.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Sorry you are having issues with receiving your wheels, many times there are delays for various reasons for shipment which we inform vendors and they keep customers informed. In this particular case the 20" CV3 in graphite is as extremely popular seller. I tell people all the time don't hesitate with the purchase as we might refresh inventory and the set is gone. It is like this for a popular selling item for any company. We are trying hard to re-stock and to complete not just your order but any order, we want our customers happy! I literally got the PM just yesterday, I wish there was some time given for us to investigate on our end before posting this up. Inventory changes, we are trying to quickly make amends, the customer was kept informed of date changes and issues with the order. We would love to process every single order right away every time but that is impossible for any business. Also please lets keep the rumors and "hearsay" out of the thread as it can only lead to misinterpretations and misunderstandings.

We have really done our best to support his community and be actively involved. Again sorry you are having issues with your order.

We have no idea what shop you ordered from so please check your PM. When I receive that information I can investigate further. Thank you.
Mike I agree and apologise for the hearsay which has now been struck from the record on my posts. Emotions got high with me when the excitement of knowing to have my rims soon, only to have a barrel of a gun pointed at me to decide what to do. Who knows now if I will be able to take the silver ones as they could be out of stock as well now for all I know. A customer shouldn't have to feel that way.
I understand I should have given you the time to get back to me before posting, but then again I also have the freedom and right of posting my frustration as long as I have the facts and unfortunately yes it involves your brand name whether directly or indirectly. This isn't something that I'm frustrated over a 40 dollar LED bulb or part but something just over $3k in which is very hard to come by for many folks in Canada and US alike with the ****ty economy we have right now. I can't afford to buy a new set of rims every month or two like I have seen on this forum. Damn you Californians!
I think I have been pretty reserve up until this point where I made my commitment to purchase the product, be put on back order while selling my OEM summer rims with the belief that the order was to be filled, only to be bumped back again was the last straw.

Originally Posted by Domate
Why suggest closing the thread? There are some good points made here about ensuring items are in stock prior to ordering. I happen to agree with those sentiments and it may help someone 'down the road' (no pun intended).
I wholeheartedly agree. This post was not intended to slander the Vossen brand name but to vent my frustrations and disappointment with of course the facts brought forth of the situation. It was also to warn fellow Canadians to be aware of making sure they actually have stock hense why I posted it in the Canada section and not in the tires/rims section. I feel us Canadians always get the bum rush when it comes to deals or parts. I see it has moved though to the feedback section now.

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Is there possibly a custom color you would be interested in? Maybe they can get you the silver and powder coat them for your troubles.
I had my heart set on the Matt Graphite, no other colour interested me. I even stared at pictures of the matt silver installed on a few G37's to see if I could grow to like it. To me it just seems to bright or over the top on a OB G37. I have a feeling if I did take them, I might not like them a few weeks later.

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
This is exactly why we recommend authorized dealers. OP I'm very sorry this problem occurred amd I will do everything in my power to diffuse this situation. Check your PM as myself and Mike will stay in communication through this. OP I sent you a list of authorized vendors for future reference so this don't happen again, we would love to keep your Buisness as we will ensure these incidents will be avoided. Dealers are required to inform customers about stock levels or delays etc...

Please anyone interested in Vossen Wheels we encourage you to contact us to locate Authorized dealers in your area. Mike hope you bare with us as we will stay on top of this. Thanks again for choosing Vossen Wheels.
I'm glad you are on top of this, I never said your customer service was sub par (however this wholesaler is another story) and as other members can swear by your service excellence, which is why I chose to purchase your product. I did get your PM with authorized dealers but unfortunately only one is in Toronto, and since I spent enough money already, I didn't need to spend more just to buy from one store and pay more for transportation. Although I must mention that a few places I contacted mentioned they labled themselves as a dealer of Vossen in Toronto. With the place I purchased from (they were local and never said they were an official dealer) they did inform me of updates (when I contacted them of course) so I know that's all they could do.
The point I'm conveying is I was put on a back order which I understood and accepted, but to be put on another was just unacceptable as a paying customer stand point. As all the finger pointing on whose to blame that can go on which is not my intention, unfortunately it all leads back to your brand name.

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Sorry man. We could have worked on a deal for my rims if I didn't go back to college!!!

Good luck with everything. Personally, I'd wait it out if possible. You won't be pleased with another color you don't like.
Dude! You kept changing your mind on what you wanted to do with them (sell them or keep em) lol
Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Ontario G37S

UPDATE

As of April 26th, my rims have arrived . Mike@Vossen offered to help and find out what was going on which I appreciate, but haven't heard from him since. Doesn't matter as the rims have arrived. I finally have the whole story from the retail store I bought it from.

It was a miscommunication with the Canadian Vossen Wholesaler and Vossen USA. Vossen USA thought the Canadian Wholesaler were wanting to place another order on top of the allotted order they already placed (which had my order included) when it was just an inquiry to find out when the actualy order was to arrive. Hense the backorder statement for end of May.

The only thing that screwed up was I received the front offset of 20 instead of the 32 I had ordered. It will still work so not to upset about it, but if I had ordered the 20 in the first place, I would have had my rims sooner as it was the offset 32 that held my order back until end of April.

So I am much happier now, but I will still say either go with an authorized dealer or make sure that they have them in stock, or you could end up with a communication breakdown to cause you headache or pulling out your hair.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Glad you got them man, +20 front and 45 rear with 305s i will be mounting pretty soon, don't worry that offset will look sweet. Congrats on the purchase Mount and post pics.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Ontario G37S

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Glad you got them man, +20 front and 45 rear with 305s i will be mounting pretty soon, don't worry that offset will look sweet. Congrats on the purchase Mount and post pics.
I get them done tomorrow, was too busy with installing my IPL side skirts today and need to sleep since I work nights. Pics will definitely follow

BTW I only went 275 in the rear as the tire I ordered doesn't come in that size Plus in Canada to get a few more inches cost triple what it does in the US. I'll be happy with 245/275 setup.