Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Disappointed with Vossen

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
UPDATE NOT Disappointed with Vossen anymore

UPDATE

As of April 26th, my rims have arrived . Mike@Vossen offered to help and find out what was going on which I appreciate, but haven't heard from him since. Doesn't matter as the rims have arrived. I finally have the whole story from the retail store I bought it from.

It was a miscommunication with the Canadian Vossen Wholesaler and Vossen USA. Vossen USA thought the Canadian Wholesaler were wanting to place another order on top of the allotted order they already placed (which had my order included) when it was just an inquiry to find out when the actual order was to arrive. Hense the backorder statement for end of May.

The only thing that screwed up was I received the front offset of 20 instead of the 32 I had ordered. It will still work so not to upset about it, but if I had ordered the 20 in the first place, I would have had my rims sooner as it was the offset 32 that held my order back until end of April.

So I am much happier now, but I will still say either go with an authorized dealer or make sure that they have them in stock, or you could end up with a communication breakdown to cause you headache or pulling out your hair.

Background story before update

Some of you already know I've been waiting for my set of Vossen CV3 matt graphite rims for some time now.

At first, after I made a considerable down payment on March 10th and was told it should take a week to get the rims in, the story changed a day later that they won't be in until the end of April at the latest. I was pretty much stuck at that point and decided to reserve judgement.

Things started to look bright when I inquired about the status the other day and was told they could be in this Wednesday, but they need to confirm. Well, my worst fear has come true.

This is the email I got today about the status of my rims...

"just got contacted back from Vossen and they said that did not have enough to fill back order so now end of may Im working them as we speak. I will try to make it happen"

Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm supposed to drive on my winter rims and tires until the end of May, and what if they pull this **** again? So I wrote back, and I got another reply later on...

Just got off the phone with VOssen Canadian wholesaler and Vossen did not recieve enough wheels in the gun metal but they will give us a set of of silvers and we can have them in 5 to 7 days or the gun metal one are till end of may. The back orders are brutal this year.

Mike
UP INC

So really at this point after putting a non refundable deposit for an order and selling my mint summer rims, now I'm basically put in a difficult position to take another colour rim which I prefer not to, or else wait for the end of May, in which like I said before, what if they pull this **** again? So much for customer service, take it or leave it basically with an ultimatum.

I will give kudos to member VossenWheels to help me out with the ETA before this kick in the groin today, however I sent Mike@Vossen a PM today and haven't heard anything yet. (UPDATE: I have now)

So yes this is a rant, I'm beyond peeved, and I need to get this off my chest as before I was ok with waiting for end of April believing my order would be filled, but this is ridiculous to wait until the end of May in which my winter tires will be ****ed. The moral of the story is if the store doesn't have it in stock, walk away.

At this point, I really don't know what to do...

Last edited by Ontario G37S; 04-26-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: removed hearsay
Old 04-17-2012, 01:31 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Why is it non refundable?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Ontario G37S

Originally Posted by P Casey
Why is it non refundable?
Says it right on the invoice and that deposit was to prove the intent to purchase.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
The Vossen guys are very active here, I'm sure they'll resolve this for you
Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Ontario G37S

Originally Posted by G37Sam
The Vossen guys are very active here, I'm sure they'll resolve this for you
I hope so, it was one of the reasons why I decided to go with Vossen. I don't enjoy posting rants like this, but it was the only thing that made me feel better at the moment.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
"to prove the intent of the purchase"

Sure, but when the items are back ordered or out of stock I would imagine it changes things. You "intended" to purchase the rims, but the items weren't "available" for purchase until after your deposit.

Sounds to me you have a great case to get your deposit back.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Gville37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sux bro. hopefully the vossen team can resolve the issue. If you hear any info on back orders with CV3 post it up. I am considering a purchase soon.

Trending Topics

Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 AM
blueninjabron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike, I am sure they will help you out. I am not one for taking crap from businesses. I would demand my deposit back from both the manufacturer or the shop. If they would have told you the backorder status from the get go, you would have either gone somewhere else or decided to go with a different brand. Don't take no for an answer. In this case, there is no reason why you should not get your money back or a huge discount for your troubles and taking another color which they have in stock.

Good luck. Again, love the rims!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Ontario G37S

Thanks for the support

It's not like I want my money back, I just want the rims I was told and expecting to get at the end of April.

Last edited by Ontario G37S; 04-17-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Hearsay removed
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattster
"to prove the intent of the purchase"

Sure, but when the items are back ordered or out of stock I would imagine it changes things. You "intended" to purchase the rims, but the items weren't "available" for purchase until after your deposit.

Sounds to me you have a great case to get your deposit back.
+1
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude ... this really sucks bro !! I am surprised that despite knowing the fact that you were committed delivery by the end of April, they are now telling you end of May. This is awful.
Press onto cancelling your order and maybe check with some vendors here if they have some in stock. I know few vendors here stock wheels like Volk and Work and surprisingly these are like few 100 bucks more from Vossens (i am super surprised at this). Plus you get a premium brand wheel. Just saying. I myself would be super pissed if they hang me up on delivery for like 3 friggin months from the date of order. That's simply ridiculous.
GL and keep us updated.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Ontario G37S

For now, I'm not gonna jump the gun on any decision yet. I'd like to give Vossen a chance to see if they will or can help first.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ Sounds fair
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Mike@Vossen
SUPPORT AUTHENTICITY!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry you are having issues with receiving your wheels, many times there are delays for various reasons for shipment which we inform vendors and they keep customers informed. In this particular case the 20" CV3 in graphite is as extremely popular seller. I tell people all the time don't hesitate with the purchase as we might refresh inventory and the set is gone. It is like this for a popular selling item for any company. We are trying hard to re-stock and to complete not just your order but any order, we want our customers happy! I literally got the PM just yesterday, I wish there was some time given for us to investigate on our end before posting this up. Inventory changes, we are trying to quickly make amends, the customer was kept informed of date changes and issues with the order. We would love to process every single order right away every time but that is impossible for any business. Also please lets keep the rumors and "hearsay" out of the thread as it can only lead to misinterpretations and misunderstandings.

We have really done our best to support his community and be actively involved. Again sorry you are having issues with your order.

We have no idea what shop you ordered from so please check your PM. When I receive that information I can investigate further. Thank you.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:37 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Lets close thread before we get side tracked and off topic. Looks like OP and Vossen are in communications now. OP good luck, im sure mike@Vossen wont let you down.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with Vossen