Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

My THMotorsports Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM
mitmot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My THMotorsports Experience

First off, I just want to say that I gave my business to THMotorsports because they seemed to have a pretty good rep here on the forums. Unfortunately, my experience was anything but good...

After exchanging a few PMs with Nick, I purchased sways, camber kit, and BC coilovers. The price was fantastic and he said everything was in stock and ready to ship. Both the sways and camber kit both shipped very promptly and arrived in a few days. However, the coilovers were a whole different story.

I placed my order on 3/22 (and scheduled an appointment with my shop for 4/6), but didn't get the tracking for the coilovers until 3/29. On top of that, I needed to call in just to request a tracking number for them. After a couple days, I tracked them on the UPS website and saw that the status was never updated. Instead, it was stuck at "Order Processed: Ready for UPS." I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait a couple more days. So 4/2 rolls around, and the tracking hasn't been updated so I get worried and called their shipping department. They said "Oh that's normal, sometimes it will take a few days to update or they forget to scan it." They also said they would contact BC and shoot me an email later (which they never did).

This morning I decided to take matters into my own hands and gave BC a call directly. They said they had knowledge of my order, but the coilovers weren't in stock and ETA was not for another 2-3 weeks. I asked about the tracking number they gave me, and they said that shipping label is a mistake because we have none. Infuriated, I called THM again and asked to speak to a manager. He promised me he would call BC to get down to the bottom of this and email me back. I waited for 3 hours and received absolutely no response. In the end, I called them back and ended up cancelling my order for the coilovers. The person who I spoke to said they would email me a cancellation confirmation, which I STILL haven't gotten. He did absolutely nothing to try to resolve the issue nor take any responsibility for any of the shipping matters. This was probably one of the worst online vendor experiences I have ever had and will never order anything from them again.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
this is odd for nick and THM, as you said they have a very good rep here on the forums.

i ordered my sways from them, and even though i didn't receive any tracking numbers or information, they just showed up at my door...very quickly i might add.

advice? calm down and take a breath. i realize that you may be frustrated but give them a day or two to try and work with you. you are the customer and the customer is always right, but, they do have a business to run and most likely have more than just a few customers to take care of.

i'm sure this was just an oversite and it's only been like a week or so.

just my $.02 and it ain't probably worth that much.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:22 PM
timfactor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I basically had the same experience with TH Motorsports. Placed and order and didn't hear back or get my coils for weeks. I also called BC Racing to find out what was going on a week later and try told me they didn't know about my order. I gave them a 1 out of 5 star rating on the site they sent me to give a review also gave them a 1 out of 5 on yelp. I would have given them a half star if possible..
Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Steveoh187
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had read multiple good reviews of Nick and THMotorsports and as I was recently in the market for springs and spacers, they where one of the vendors I reached out to for a quote. While my overall experience with obtaining a quote and general communication was by no means bad, it wasn't superb either. I ended up placing my order with Kyle at Import Parts Pro and I'm VERY glad I did. I will write a review once my parts are delivered but communication was excellent and I received a follow up phone call literally minutes after paying for my parts and tracking the following day. Overall very pleased.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
POLLO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear your experiences and thank you for sharing. Hopefully they have the opportunity to make it right a second time.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 PM
BlkG-37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have went through the same experience had I not spoke to the manager when I was about to place my order for Stance coilovers.

Rep I spoke to said they were in and ready to go, I asked to speak with the manager (forgot his name) because I was quoted a different price from 2 reps there for the same product. Fortunately, the manager quoted me a decent price, but said "wait I believe we are out" and check before he took my money. That was over a month ago.

I would have still been waiting for them had the first rep I spoke to took my order. Not sure I want to order from them now when they do get Stance coils in...