TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

"chirping" noise......

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Pgwn-g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"chirping" noise......

Hello Myg37, two part question here, this is my first post here and it seems like the search button takes me to a new search page like you would find from google or bing, is that right? Part 2 of questions is, I have read the other TSB and have not found one just like my issue. Let me see if I can correctly describe the full situation. The sound is more of a chirp (metal on metal) for a split second. The car has to be in gear and it is through the throttle that the noise is made. It has to have a load to it too, does not make the sound when either clutch is pressed in or car in neutral. The sound is only made when I....let's say transition the peddle from off/on or on/off. Can be heard from a dead stop or through a parking lot. A friend and I tried our best to decipher this and it seems like it is the loudest at the rear/passenger side. So my thoughts are something with the suspension either springs or maybe a bushing? It is also weird that I can not duplicate the sound just by pushing the car up and down on that side so I think it has to do with more of a back and forth movement. Has anyone dealt with this noise and I do not want to pay dealership fee to have them look at it right now. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Pgwn-g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I did over look this one. Here is the link.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/191009-itb08-018b-clicking-noise-from-rear-axles.html
I'm sure I got the same thing going on with my car. Just need the time to do it. It will be a few months till I get to it, as I'm in the military but I will try to remember to repost a DIY when I'm done.