TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Car wont start! dealer told me to call insurance

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 01:45 PM
16oz ENT.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car wont start! dealer told me to call insurance

I drove home it was raining not too bad tho, parked my G and went inside. it then poured and lightning storm for 3 hours straight. Went to leave for work later that night and car wouldnt start. i notice the window wouldnt self adjust when opening or closing the door. all lights work no lock of radio. Car wont start. had it towed to the dealer at 8am next morning. the tore it apart and told me there is a hole in the firewall (maybe from previous owner) and water got in. they wont touch the car now and told me to call insurace.

What should i do???
Old 06-13-2012, 01:48 PM
16oz ENT.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep in mind i ran into the battery issue back in august of 2011. the saw that the car had aftermarket alarm at one point. and was a spliced wire connecting to the cruise control. they fixed it and told me that the car is still under warranty, and there was no aftermarket stuff in the car anymore. Ive had the car for 1.5 yrs now and never had water get in as they are saying and i live in Jacksonville, fl. it pours every other day here!

please help
Old 06-13-2012, 01:53 PM
betterdayz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need a list of parts from the dealer that was affected by the hole in the firewall (anything damaged) If you have not had the car long take it back to the dealer you bought it from and explain to them what has happened. If you have good ins. they may pay a portion of the cost but you will or may have to pay a deductable, make sure the est from the dealer is complete so you dont have future problems. Good Luck man