TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

air bag tsb , need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:36 PM
pfizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air bag tsb , need advice

So my car is affected with passenger side air bag tsb. The dealership calls me and tells me that the sensor to fix that issue won't be in for two weeks, and basically I should pick up my car and just come back in two weeks.

Now here's my ? They gave me a loaner car, personally I don't feel safe with passengers in my car knowing that my bag might not deploy during an accident. Should I demand to keep my car there for two weeks and keep the loaner ( they want the loaner back) or should I take my car, and god forbid something happen but infinit would assume responsibilty... What should I do?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 AM
aznutx

call corporate, infiniti doesnt want any liablities i bet. so im sure they would be ok with it, the dealership probably wont be happy, but it is a safety thing so i dunno wut would happen, actually ignore all my advice, i duno wut to tell you but safety first.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
My understanding is that their airbag will still deploy that's it's more an issue with it detecting weight under the limit. So as long as your passenger is over like 80 lbs, you are alright.

My advice... If you are truly okay with driving the car, don't be an *** and ruin the relationship with your dealer. You'll regret it they day you really need them.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ask them what would happen and get their word for it. Othewise, I'd take the loaner. Better safe than sorry.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
pfizzle

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Ask them what would happen and get their word for it. Othewise, I'd take the loaner. Better safe than sorry.
They wouldnt let me keep the loaner. I threw my back pack on there and the light didnt even go on. He said they ran some tests and that it checked out ok. Lets just hope that nothing happens the next couple of days.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're forced to take your car back. I'd get that "it checked out ok" in writing before I take the car.