slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 662 Likes on 586 Posts
Hurricane check-in

How are you Carolina folks doing?
Old 09-16-2018, 09:12 PM
PuppMaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All good In Greenville NC, No flooding surprisingly! The G is waiting to be Driven!!
Old 09-16-2018, 09:32 PM
stealthee

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts
I'm not in the Carolinas, but have family around there. From their check ins it sounds like Charlotte has some flooding, but it otherwise ok. Charleston, SC didn't get much effect.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:23 AM
The Pope

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Everything's getting back to normal in the Raleigh NC area. We're just dealing with some flooding, tree damage and some power outages.

If anyone's wants to see more about the storm, they can go to WRAL's website www.wral.com
Old 09-17-2018, 09:53 AM
r2dmax

Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts
I'm in Charlotte. Some of the flood prone areas (N. Tryon near downtown) etc have some flooding. Ground is well saturated, but I'm at work. No real issues. Union County is worse
Old 09-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Lego_Maniac

Received 413 Likes on 358 Posts
Union county/SC border area. Lots of rain. Our bay window leaked and we have some minor dry wall damage, but that's it. Some nearby roads are flooded.

I took today as a vacation day since school is cancelled and I didn't want to even give the impression that I was realistically going to work from home with a 5 and 7 year old after being hunkered down the last few days. Wifey went to work. At least the ipads kept the girls occupied....they didn't wake me until 9
Old 09-18-2018, 04:12 PM
ILM-NC G37S

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts
Wilmington Metro here. My area just got power back after 4 days. Others not so lucky so far. Extreme flooding with most major roads closed at some spots. Most stores are closed and what few might be open have no decent supplies, gas stations are dry, it is going to be a long time cleaning this one up. Local dam broke leaving one community essentially cut off from the highway.

No structural damage to my house though my skylight did develop a slight leak toward the end of the ordeal. Had to move my cars to higher ground at last minute else they would have been lost, especially the G. Water is up to 18-20" in my front yard.

Thankfully everyone I know affected are safe- either through evacuation or otherwise. Like I said, it is going to be a long recovery- and now Trump announced he is coming. Well, I could always use a few extra rolls of paper towels!
Old 09-18-2018, 07:42 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 662 Likes on 586 Posts
The worst part of my hurricane experiences have been extended power outages. Glad you're okay.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:31 PM
stealthee

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
The worst part of my hurricane experiences have been extended power outages. Glad you're okay.
Was texting with a friend in Richmond, VA. She said the worst part of her hurricane experience this past week was her kids not having school.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:20 PM
kiseliok
Premier Member

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
East side of Charlotte had some flooding, but nothing crazy. Newer neighborhood = a lot less stuff to break. By mid-monday our street looked like nothing happened. :
Glad everyone is doing alright!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.