G37 Sedan

Compiling wish list for car parts, need SKUs for sedan.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:05 PM
Melophile

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Compiling wish list for car parts, need SKUs for sedan.

I've been compiling together a wish list of car parts that I plan to purchase over the next couple months/year. I need to get the SKU# together so that I don't purchase incompatible parts.

- Takeda cold air intake
- Cusco strut brace
- Hotchkis F+R Sport Sway Bar
- Fast Intentions / Berk HFC
- Still deciding on a cat back exhaust; feel free to throw some recommendations down in the comments.

With that being said, what parts are interchangeable between the post-facelift coupe and sedans?
Old 10-31-2016, 08:56 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by qmantran:
the93owner (11-01-2016), Vizard_87 (11-01-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 09:04 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
lol ^

but yea, literally just google those parts and you'll find the numbers.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:52 PM
Melophile

The reason why I ask is because there are so many different variants. Some for the coupe, some for the sedan. I see someone on this forum with a part for their sedan, but when I look it up, that part is only available for the coupe. Some parts are interchangeable between the two, some aren't. It also doesn't help when some manufacturers/retailers tend to not list every specific model.

One example are the coilovers that I purchased. I was recommended the Tein Street Basis Z by a member here. When I went to an online retailer to purchase it, I couldn't find the part number that's compatible with the sedan. I went on the manufacturer's own website to find out what part number goes with the sedan, but when I looked at their compatibility chart, it didn't list the G37 sedan. It only listed the G37 in the coupe trim. They listed the sedan for the G35, but not the G37, so that's when I thought these coils aren't compatible with the G37 sedan. However, I was reassured by the member that recommended these coils to me that the coils that are compatible with the coupe are also compatible with the sedan.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:29 AM
hotdawwgman
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
All those items in your list are interchangeable between coupe and sedans except the cat-back exhaust
The following users liked this post:
Melophile (11-01-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 08:45 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Not sure about Berk HFCs but I know Fast Intentions has slightly larger pipe diameters for the coupe HFC.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:57 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Berks HFC is compatible between coupes and sedans. 2.5in piping I believe (I have them)

For a catback, seeing that you have a RWD sedan, I'd recommend Motordyne, Ark, or Fast Intentions. Those are the best sounding IMO.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Melophile

I'm most interested in the Motordyne E370 and I'm most likely going to pair it with the FI RHFC.

Is the Motordyne CBE compatible with the sedan? The vendor I'm looking at only has them listed for the coupe, but I see many people with this exhaust on their sedans. Are there two separate models for the coupe and the sedan, or are they interchangeable?

E370G - Motordyne E370 Shockwave Exhaust - Performance Auto Parts - Car and Truck Accessories | JM Auto Racing - Intensify Your Ride!
Old 11-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Melophile
I'm most interested in the Motordyne E370 and I'm most likely going to pair it with the FI RHFC.

Is the Motordyne CBE compatible with the sedan? The vendor I'm looking at only has them listed for the coupe, but I see many people with this exhaust on their sedans. Are there two separate models for the coupe and the sedan, or are they interchangeable?

E370G - Motordyne E370 Shockwave Exhaust - Performance Auto Parts - Car and Truck Accessories | JM Auto Racing - Intensify Your Ride!
Can I ask why not pair Motordyne ART Pipes with your E370 exhaust?
Old 11-11-2016, 05:12 AM
Melophile

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Can I ask why not pair Motordyne ART Pipes with your E370 exhaust?

Honestly, I'm no expert and the FI/Berk RHFC just get mentioned a lot. I've leaned more towards RHFC/HFC because it doesn't remove the cat and throw off the CEL.

Aren't there laws against straight-piping the cat? I don't understand it really. It's illegal, but people are running those setups and manufacturers are able to sell test pipes without any legal trouble. So is it really illegal?

EDIT: DOH! Motordyne's ART pipes aren't test pipes. I thought "ART" was just part of the branding name like how GRIP is for ARK. I didn't realize ART signified a different type of setup.

Last edited by Melophile; 11-11-2016 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:01 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Melophile
Honestly, I'm no expert and the FI/Berk RHFC just get mentioned a lot. I've leaned more towards RHFC/HFC because it doesn't remove the cat and throw off the CEL.

Aren't there laws against straight-piping the cat? I don't understand it really. It's illegal, but people are running those setups and manufacturers are able to sell test pipes without any legal trouble. So is it really illegal?

EDIT: DOH! Motordyne's ART pipes aren't test pipes. I thought "ART" was just part of the branding name like how GRIP is for ARK. I didn't realize ART signified a different type of setup.
ART stands for "Advanced Resonance Tuning". They're still test pipes because their is no catalyst. It's just a test pipe with a helmholtz chamber.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:05 PM
JM Auto Racing
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
OP we are having some great Black Friday Sales that we can extend pricing to you right now.

Contact me for details.