(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

FS G35/37 Clutch master cylinder assy. (BNIB)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:19 PM
vqsmile

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
G35/37 Clutch master cylinder assy. (BNIB)

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $75
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Coupe, 2010+ G37 Sedan, 2008-2009 G37 Coupe, 2008-2009 G37 Sedan, Other Model G's
Location (State/Prov): CA
Item Condition: Brand New

The item:

I have for sale an absolutely brand new (as in: still in the factory bag, uninstalled, unused, etc. etc.) genuine Nissan clutch master cylinder assembly Part# 30610-JK00B that was originally intended for my 2007 G35 6MT sedan. This part number is also used for all model years of the Nissan 370Z and I have just learned is 100% compatible and a potential improvement** for all G37's.

Why you need this:

To ensure a more complete cleanliness of the entire clutch hydraulic system when replacing the concentric slave cylinder. The factory service manual stipulates that EVERY time the transmission is removed from the vehicle, both the slave cylinder and the slave hydraulic tube need to be replaced. They are never reused! Swapping the master cylinder as well is a good way of ensuring any contamination is entirely eliminated.

Even ZSpeed Performance mentions that they won't warranty their Heavy duty CSC replacement unit unless the master cylinder is swapped out too:
"We highly recommend the CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER be replaced along with the HD slave cylinder to prevent problems from worn/dirty original units. No warranty is offered if master cylinder is not replaced." ref: ZSpeed Performance Replacment HD Clutch CSC Heavy Duty Slave Cylinder Kit
** And just recently, ZSpeed posted this:
Originally Posted by ZSpeedPerformance
Yes the 370Z and early G35 sedan 07-08 master is a direct fit into the G37, just deletes the damper on the bottom of the G37 master, all the damper is is a plate with 2 rubber seals on either side to dampen "any" feel the clutch had without it.
Given the difficulty and associated costs accessing the clutch slave cylinder again if it should fail due to contamination, a master cylinder replacement is very cheap as insurance!

The story:

I bought this master cylinder from an online Infiniti dealership along with a new clutch to have installed while my local dealership had my transmission down for a warranty repair on my leaking slave cylinder. As it turned out, the local dealer was willing to include the master cylinder under the warranty as well, so they provided one and I was left with this brand new part in hand.

The pricing:

If I return it to the online Infiniti dealership that I bought it from, they would deduct a 20% restocking fee off of the $96.17 that I paid for it, so I'd be looking at only getting around $77 back. I figured since I am going to take a bath on this anyway, it would be better to just let someone here on the forum benefit from it, rather than giving it to the dealership. SO here's the deal: I'll let it go for $75 shipped (48 states) or $70 picked up in the SF eastbay area.

(btw, the full list price is $137.38, with most 'discount' online places charging over $100 +shipping - basically, you'll never find one this cheap anywhere else!)