Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
OnEighty Sedan Headlights and GTR Tails

Category: Lights
Price: $9999999
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Sedan
Location (State/Prov): ME
Item Condition: Used

I'm in need of either an extra set of head lights and tail lights for a 2011 G37 sedan or already modified and in excellent condition, OnEighty head lights and GTR tails. I'm open to options on the headlights but would prefer blacked out housing and shroud and Iron Man or dual Iron Man halo's. I'd need them shipped to me up here in New England. Please message me if you have a worthy candidate. Please send pics too.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Anyone have some lights?
Old 09-09-2015, 08:27 AM
djdiskino

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
I have a second set of headlights I am about to modify (they are missing a tab on each but nothing that affects them). Here is my current setup/previous work.
OnEighty Sedan Headlights and GTR Tails-arjjfck.jpg
OnEighty Sedan Headlights and GTR Tails-7ldoc66.jpg

I was planning to mod these and sell them as there is so much demand. I paid 600 for the lights alone - so the pricing would be 800-900 depending on what is installed/work done to them.

Halo's are easy - I'd just need to get the measurements and reliable Halo's aren't cheap. I also did GTR Tails but the COB halo's vendor I have been working with have had issues with them burning out so production of GTR Dual Halo tails are being halted until the new Halo's they have in production come out.

OnEighty Sedan Headlights and GTR Tails-hqyhiuv.jpg
OnEighty Sedan Headlights and GTR Tails-haqyrig.jpg

Lessons from this set: Cannot paint gloss black as the reflectors will melt the paint off in one single spot on each headlight. I'd have to do high heat paint next time and have a Matte finish.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Which headlights are you selling? Your old ones or the new ones you haven't modified yet? How many custom headlight or tail light projects do you have under your belt?

Those GTR tails look awesome. I would want a set of those for sure.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:29 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by djdiskino
I have a second set of headlights I am about to modify (they are missing a tab on each but nothing that affects them). Here is my current setup/previous work.

I was planning to mod these and sell them as there is so much demand. I paid 600 for the lights alone - so the pricing would be 800-900 depending on what is installed/work done to them.

Halo's are easy - I'd just need to get the measurements and reliable Halo's aren't cheap. I also did GTR Tails but the COB halo's vendor I have been working with have had issues with them burning out so production of GTR Dual Halo tails are being halted until the new Halo's they have in production come out.

Lessons from this set: Cannot paint gloss black as the reflectors will melt the paint off in one single spot on each headlight. I'd have to do high heat paint next time and have a Matte finish.
wrong, has nothing to do with gloss black... trust me. It has a lot to do with how sedan headlights are shaped and the sun shining through the projector lens causing the paint to bubble up, however there is a solution to that , and Alex at ONEighty knows about and will also be doing that to mine.

BTW, I'm wondering , did you also do the same exact color for the eyelids as on my headlights or just similar type of orange ?

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 09-09-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:31 AM
djdiskino

Thats what I meant to say Mik3G37S! The paint is bubbling because the sun is focused from the lens directly on one spot of each reflector (riveted part) I may try high temp paint next time though, I feel as if it won't bubble if I use something like VHT on it instead of Krylon fusion.

LOL, I got the idea from One-Eighty and found some Lambo orange Vinyl and just custom cut a strip to adhere to the light. I loved the black and orange combo. Thinking of doing my accession brakes the same color.

@OP - I am going to sell the pair I haven't modified yet. I have them baked open right now and sitting here ready to have some work done to them, just haven't found the time. I take my time with my headlight mods to make sure the paint and gasses dry and test everything before I seal them back up. I don't trust those one day turn around $200 headlight painting guys even though they probably get the job done.

I'll PM you if you are still looking in the future when I finish the 2nd set here. I won't go as crazy as I did with these ones but definitely will do clear lens and black paint. Anything extra I'd put out a feeler thread at that point before I drop the money to mod them further.

As far as the tail lights go I have halted production until the vendor comes out with more reliable LED rings. For now I got ones that look busted at idle brightness but when I hit the brakes they light up fully (weird I know) something wrong with the power modiule or solder points not sure.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

My only concern would be R&D. OnEighty has plenty under their belts. Your lights look really nice, but you ran into a problem that hasn't been confirmed to be corrected. I'd be more apt to buy a set of their Head Lights for that reason alone even if it were more expensive. However, if you get those tails going I'd be game.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:12 PM
djdiskino

Totally understandable - Headlights are tough as it depends what environment that are going to be in. Mines a minimal problem that I am completely okay with - just a note to remember for my next set. Might just keep them chrome and do the reflectors and halos to keep them even more simple this time.

Tail lights I will let you know asap as I have a pair on hand ready for mods - waiting on Diode Dynamics new LED rings to be released. Supposedly they are made in the US and completely redesigned as they had several warranty returns for them.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:00 AM
35Sport

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
What is the diameter of the rings used for the GTR tails?
Old 09-11-2015, 01:19 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Thats what I meant to say Mik3G37S! The paint is bubbling because the sun is focused from the lens directly on one spot of each reflector (riveted part) I may try high temp paint next time though, I feel as if it won't bubble if I use something like VHT on it instead of Krylon fusion.

LOL, I got the idea from One-Eighty and found some Lambo orange Vinyl and just custom cut a strip to adhere to the light. I loved the black and orange combo. Thinking of doing my accession brakes the same color.
I think I know which part you're talking about and that part was left chrome on mine, yet there's still some minor paint imperfections from the sun that I have lately noticed...

Alex says it's only with the damn sedan headlights never the coupes...

Seems like yours aren't the same shade of color at least, yours are lambo orange mine are lighter, an Audi color(won't disclose which one).

Please don't match the bbk with those just dont lol

BTW there already is a white sedan with black headlights with dual evil iron mans and orange eyelids and orange bbk somewhere out there, I saw the guy posting in a few groups lol
Attached Thumbnails OnEighty Sedan Headlights and GTR Tails-img_20150430_195059.jpg  
Old 09-11-2015, 08:06 PM
JG_G37
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow Headlights and tails look gorgeous! Really feeling those orange eyelids, can't wait til I start modifying mine!
The following users liked this post:
djdiskino (09-18-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 11:44 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Upscale, PM me your cell number or email address please.

These just went in mine yesterday
Name:  IMG_1152_zpsp0pt2wjh.jpg
Views: 11023
Size:  192.6 KB

I have the current GTR tails but am experiencing the LEDs burning out. As soon as the new halos are ready I have a guy here local that can get them done for you.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:22 AM
djdiskino

Figures, the sedans get screwed. The paint bubbling is so minimal and in just one particular spot. Can't be seen unless you get up really close and look for it. Doesn't bother me at all and I am pretty picky.

LOL, yes the orange I jacked from a picture I saw on the web. I loved someone else's lights and wanted to recreate as close to exactly that. I was going to take it a step furthur but I didn't want things to be too busy in the headlights as they already are. I think I am just going to paint my BBK black and call it day. Right now I have just the standard silver akebono's ready to be rebuilt and painted (they need some love).

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I think I know which part you're talking about and that part was left chrome on mine, yet there's still some minor paint imperfections from the sun that I have lately noticed...

Alex says it's only with the damn sedan headlights never the coupes...

Seems like yours aren't the same shade of color at least, yours are lambo orange mine are lighter, an Audi color(won't disclose which one).

Please don't match the bbk with those just dont lol

BTW there already is a white sedan with black headlights with dual evil iron mans and orange eyelids and orange bbk somewhere out there, I saw the guy posting in a few groups lol

@rexhavoc - any idea when the new halo's will be in? I have been talking with LumenEyez who made the original GTR Halo tails and he's waiting on Diode Dynamics to release them. At that time I plan on rebuilding mine and a 2nd set.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (09-18-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 12:46 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
DJ, what paint are you using for the headlights?I was thinking of using engine enamel or header paint with it's higher boiling point.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

PM sent Rex.

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Upscale, PM me your cell number or email address please.

These just went in mine yesterday

I have the current GTR tails but am experiencing the LEDs burning out. As soon as the new halos are ready I have a guy here local that can get them done for you.

Quick Reply: WTB OnEighty Sedan Headlights and GTR Tails